A healthy head of hair that is thick and dense is desired by people of all ages. They want a full head of hair because that is perceived by others as being a sign that the person with the full head of hair is successful and healthy. A good hair of head, or a lack of hair on top of the head, is one of the first things that others notice about a person when viewing them in person. In addition, the amount of hair that a female has on her head is often the method others use to perceive the femininity of the female.
Patients that do not have a full head of hair often suffer from self-esteem issues and have a lack of confidence in their appearance. While they might try to cover the hair loss with a new hairstyle or a hat on their head, these methods will not permanently solve the issue for the patient. In order to make a change that is natural in appearance as well as long lasting, many patients decide to undergo a hair transplant in order to gain the full hairline they desire on a regular basis. Los Angeles is one of the most popular destinations for patients to receive a hair transplant as this city is the home of many of the top hair restoration doctors in the country.
According to the results of research conducted by our research team using the Cosmetic Town intelligent system, here are the names of the top hair restoration doctors in Los Angeles:
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Options
Patients that decide to undergo Los Angeles hair restoration have multiple options they can choose from in order to gain their desired final results:
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is when the hair restoration surgeon harvests hair grafts from the patient by individually removing them from the donor area on the scalp. The individual removal of the hair grafts is performed so the patient does not receive a linear scalp scar after the surgery. The hair restoration doctor uses a punch instrument to create tiny circular incisions around the targeted follicular unit. The incisions help to isolate the hair graft that is targeted to be removed by the hair restoration surgeon. The follicular units are removed from the scalp donor area. They are placed in premade incisions created in the balding area on the scalp by the surgeon.
- Los Angeles hair restoration doctors can also perform the harvesting of FUE grafts through the use of Robotic FUE (ARTAS). This automated system uses computer assistance to harvest the targeted hair follicles. ARTAS also evaluates the patient donor area on the scalp to determine the hair graft characteristics and to identify the direction of the emerging hair. The ARTAS system is programmed to separate the hair follicle groups as well as dissect the hair grafts before they are transplanted by the hair restoration doctor.
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) is a hair transplant process that starts when the hair transplant surgeon trims a narrow strip of hair that is located on the scalp of the person having the hair restoration procedure. A scalp strip is then removed from the back of the head in the area where the hair has been trimmed. The scalp strip that is removed contains hair follicles that will be removed and transplanted. The area of the skin where the strip was removed is then stitched back together by the surgeon. The surgeon makes tiny incisions in the scalp where the hair grafts will be implanted with the surgeon taking care to implant them in the natural direction the hair follicles grow on the patient.
- Body to Scalp Hair Transplant is a hair restoration technique that is a good choice for patients without enough donor hair on the back of the head. The hair transplant surgeon moves hair from other areas of the body and places it in the balding area on the scalp to provide fullness and density on the scalp.
- Eyebrow Transplant is ideal for patients that are lacking the desired amount of hair density in the eyebrows. An eyebrow transplant also fills-in areas that are patchy in the eyebrows where eyebrow hair is missing. The transplanted hair is moved from other parts of the body and is placed in the eyebrows.
- Hairline Lowering is also known as forehead reduction and it is a hair restoration option for patients with a hairline that is considered to be too high in its appearance. The surgeon creates a small incision along the natural hairline so the tissue that contains hair can be moved forward to make it lower in its appearance. Once the incision is closed by the hair restoration surgeon, the hair follicles are moved from the donor area of the scalp so they can be transplanted into the newly lowered hairline.
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Doctors Consultation Appointment
Before patients undergo any of the hair transplant options listed above, they should consult with a board-certified Los Angeles hair restoration doctor. They can also schedule a consultation with a board-certified surgeon elsewhere in the country. The hair transplant surgeon examines the scalp of the patient to determine why the hair loss is occurring and if the patient is an ideal candidate for a hair transplant. The consultation appointment is also how the hair restoration doctor determines the ideal hair transplant option to provide the desired fullness and density of the hair on the scalp of the patient.