Hair that is considered to be thick and healthy is a goal for people of all ages. They want a full head of hair in order to look younger as well as give the appearance of being successful and very healthy. In addition, many female patients feel the amount of hair on their head contributes to their femininity and impacts how others view them. People that do not have a good amount of hair on their head often suffer from a lack of self-confidence and have a bad self-image. They try their best to cover their hair loss using a toupee or a hat. They might try to use the remaining hair they have to cover a bald spot by combing it over the area of the scalp that is lacking hair. These methods might hide the hair loss of a person for a little bit but these solutions are not permanent. Patients that want to make a change in the look of their hair that is long lasting and natural in appearance can have a hair transplant to get the full hairline they desire on their scalp. While hair transplants are performed all over the country, one of the most popular hair restoration destinations is the state of Florida since it is home to some of the top hair restoration doctors in the country.
Thanks to research performed using the Cosmetic Town intelligent system; our research team has identified the top hair restoration doctors in Florida:
Florida Hair Restoration Options
Patients looking to have a Florida hair restoration surgery have multiple techniques available to them in order to achieve the desired final results:
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is a hair transplant method where the hair restoration surgeon individually harvests the hair grafts of the patient from the donor area on the scalp so the patient does not suffer a linear scalp scar after the procedure. FUE is performed with a punch instrument that creates circular incisions that are tiny and located around the follicular unit. The incisions isolate the hair grafts that will be removed from the donor area of the scalp. The follicular units are then placed in premade incisions created in the balding area on the scalp.
- Florida hair restoration doctors can also harvest FUE grafts from the donor area on the scalp using Robotic FUE (ARTAS) which utilizes computer assistance in order to harvest hair follicles. The ARTAS system examines the donor area on the head of the patient to determine the characteristics of the hair grafts as well as identify the direction of the emerging hair. The doctor will program the ARTAS system to separate the follicle groups as well as dissect the hair grafts. The hair grafts are then transplanted by the hair restoration doctor.
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) is a hair restoration method where the hair transplant surgeon trims a narrow strip of hair that is located on the scalp of the patient. The next step is the removal of a strip of scalp from the back of the head. The strip of scalp is located in the area where the hair has been trimmed so the hair restoration surgeon can remove skin that contains hair follicles. The skin is stitched back together by the doctor and then the hair restoration surgeon makes tiny incisions in the scalp to implant the hair grafts in the direction the hair follicles naturally grow.
- Body to Scalp Hair Transplant is for patients without enough donor hair on the back of the head to perform a hair transplant. The hair restoration surgeon moves hair from other parts of the body to the balding area on the scalp. A body to scalp hair transplant is performed to give patients the hairline density and fullness they desire on the scalp.
- Eyebrow Transplant is ideal for patients lacking the desired amount of hair density in their eyebrows. Eyebrow transplant can also be performed to fill-in patchy areas in the eyebrows where hair is missing. The hair that is transplanted by the surgeon is gathered from other parts of the body and then moved to the eyebrows.
- Hairline Lowering, AKA forehead reduction, is a good option for patients with a hairline that is considered by others to be high in its appearance. The surgeon creates a small incision along the natural hairline in order to move the hair-bearing tissue forward into a new position that is also lower in its appearance. Once the incision is closed, the targeted hair follicles are moved from the sides or back of the scalp so they can be transplanted into the newly lowered hairline
Florida Hair Restoration Doctors Consultation Appointment
Patients that want to undergo a hair transplant need to schedule a consultation appointment with a board-certified Florida hair restoration doctor. If they are not able to visit the state of Florida, they can schedule an appointment with a hair transplant surgeon elsewhere in the country. The hair restoration surgeon should be experienced in providing natural and long lasting results. The hair transplant surgeon will examine the scalp of the patient to identify the cause of the hair loss. Once the reasons for the hair loss have been identified, the hair restoration specialist will determine the best hair transplant option to provide the desired density of hair on the scalp of the patient.