The appearance of the mouth can change as a person ages. The teeth can become dull and discolored while the gums can bleed or recede. In addition, the teeth can chip or become broken due to poor oral hygiene on the part of the patient or trauma to the mouth. Because of damage to the teeth, many people are afraid to smile and/or do anything that shows off their teeth to others. Thankfully, cosmetic dentistry is available for people that do not want others to see the damage to their teeth and gums. Cosmetic dentistry is a cosmetic surgery specialty that is performed to rejuvenate and improve the appearance of the mouth to give it a more youthful and healthy look. Cosmetic dentistry can even improve the functionality of the teeth and gums. Patients that are looking to make a change in the appearance of their mouth are often unsure about where to begin their search for the best cosmetic dentist to give them the final results they desire. In order to make it easier for cosmetic dentistry patients all over the United States, Cosmetic Town has used our intelligent system to compile our 2019 lists of the best cosmetic dentists currently performing cosmetic dentistry in many of the biggest cities across the country. The following is our list of the best cosmetic dentists in Los Angeles for 2019:
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentistry Options
Once a person makes the decision to have a cosmetic dentistry procedure, it is time to pick the cosmetic dentistry option to will best achieve the desired results. The following are some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments currently performed by Los Angeles cosmetic dentists:
- Dental Crown – A dental crown is placed above the gum line to replace a tooth that is damaged as well as cover a tooth that is discolored or misshaped. Dental crowns made of resin, ceramic or metal restore the shape, look and strength of a damaged tooth and also prevent a tooth from breaking. The dental crown can also keep a cracked tooth together.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening will lighten the look of the teeth and provide a patient with brighter teeth as well as a brighter smile. Patients can have teeth whitening performed in the office of a doctor or they can take teeth whitening products, such as gels and molds from a cosmetic dentist, home to handle the teeth whitening on their own. Patients can also buy teeth whitening products over the counter and these products include whitening strips, teeth whitening toothpaste and rinses that whiten the teeth.
- Dental Implants – A dental implant is a titanium replacement that is placed in the mouth because of a missing tooth. The dental implant is placed in the portion of the mouth where a tooth is missing. The cosmetic dentist places the dental implant in the bone socket that surrounds the area of the missing tooth. The jawbone will start to heal which means it will grow around the dental implant and anchor it into the jaw. The dental implant is placed to provide a solid foundation that will replace the missing tooth.
- Dental Veneers – Dental veneers are made of thin, tooth-colored porcelain and they cover the front part of the teeth of a patient. Doctors prepare the teeth for the dental veneers by removing about a half-millimeter of enamel from the surface of the tooth of the patient. After the enamel is removed, the dental veneers are ready to be put in place which means they are cemented to the front of the teeth so they can change the shape, color, length and size of the teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays – Inlays and onlays, AKA indirect fillings, are created to treat damaged teeth. Inlays and onlays are dental fillings, made of composite materials, which are molded into place during a dental visit. The molds are shipped to a dental lab to be manufactured. Once the indirect fillings are returned to the office of the dentist, they are bonded into place by the cosmetic dentist. Patients should know that there is a difference between the placement of inlays and onlays. An inlay is when the composite material is bonded in the center of the tooth while an onlay covers the biting surface of the tooth or another part of the tooth.
- Dental Bonding – The dental bonding process begins when the cosmetic dentist puts a putty-like resin on a tooth that has been damaged. After the resin is in place on the tooth, the resin is bonded to the damaged tooth by the cosmetic dentist using an ultraviolet or laser light. The dentist will have to shape and trim the bonded material on the tooth so it will accurately match the appearance of the teeth that are around it. Dental bonding can be used to repair teeth that are damaged thanks to chips or cracks as well as teeth that are misshaped.
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentists Consultation
Patients that are interested in learning more about cosmetic dentistry in Los Angeles, as well as anywhere else in the country, should schedule a consultation appointment with a board-certified cosmetic dentist such as the cosmetic dentists listed above as part of our 2019 list of the best cosmetic dentists in Los Angeles. The cosmetic dentist will determine the current condition of the teeth and gums of the patient so the cosmetic dentist can make an informed decision regarding the best cosmetic dentistry option to achieve the final results desired by the patient.