A thick and healthy head of hair is desired by persons of all ages and gender. The appearance of a full head of hair is considered to be a sign of a person being healthy, successful and youthful. The amount of hair that a person has on his or her head is one of the first things that others notice when they are looking at another person. Plus, the amount of hair on the head of a female is often how others perceive the femininity of the person. No matter the age or gender of a person, the amount of hair on the scalp is a big factor in the self-image of a person. Patients that do not have a full and healthy head of hair often try to cover up their hair loss with a hat or by combing their remaining hair over the area of the scalp that is balding. While these methods might hide the hair loss for a short amount of time, they are not permanent solutions to the issue. In order to make a change that is long lasting and natural in appearance, many patients all over the country decide to undergo a hair transplant to get the full hairline they desire. One of the most popular destinations for patients to receive a hair transplant is New York as the largest city in the United States also has many of the top hair restoration doctors in the country.
Thanks to research conducted using the Cosmetic Town intelligent system, the Cosmetic Town research team has been able to identify the top hair restoration doctors in New York:
New York Hair Restoration Options
When it comes to New York hair restoration surgery, patients have multiple techniques they can choose from to achieve the desired final results:
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is a hair transplant technique that involves the hair restoration surgeon harvesting the hair grafts of the patient individually from the donor area on the scalp. The hair grafts are removed individually so the patient does not receive a linear scalp scar. FUE uses a punch instrument that creates tiny circular incisions around the follicular unit. The incisions are made to help isolate the hair graft that is scheduled to be removed. Follicular units are removed from the donor area of the scalp and then placed in premade incisions that have been created in the balding area on the scalp. New York hair restoration doctors can also harvest FUE grafts using Robotic FUE (ARTAS) which utilizes computer assistance to harvest hair follicles. The ARTAS system evaluates the donor area of the patient to determine the characteristics of the hair grafts and to also identify the direction of the emerging hair. The doctor programs the ARTAS system to separate the follicle groups and to also dissect the grafts. The hair grafts are then transplanted by the hair restoration doctor.
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) begins when the hair transplant surgeon trims a narrow strip of hair on the scalp of the patient. A strip of scalp is removed from the back of the head, in the area where the hair has been trimmed, so the skin with the hair follicles can be removed. The skin is stitched back together by the surgeon. The surgeon will then create tiny incisions in the scalp in order to implant the hair grafts in the direction that the hair follicles grow.
- Hairline Lowering, AKA forehead reduction, is ideal for patients with a hairline that is viewed as being high in its appearance. The surgeon makes a small incision along the natural hairline so the hair-bearing tissue can be moved forward into a new position that is lower in its appearance. After the incision is closed, hair follicles are moved from the back or sides of the scalp and transplanted into the newly lowered hairline.
- Eyebrow Transplant is a good option for patients without the desired amount of hair density in their eyebrows. Eyebrow transplant can also fill-in patchy areas in the eyebrows where hair is missing. The transplanted hair is taken from other parts of the body and moved to the eyebrows.
- Body to Scalp Hair Transplant is a hair restoration option for patients that do not have enough donor hair on the back of the head to perform a hair transplant. The hair transplant surgeon is able to move hair from other parts of the body, to the balding area on the scalp, in order to give the patient the fullness and density desired on the scalp.
New York Hair Restoration Doctors Consultation Appointment
Before patients make the final decision to undergo a hair transplant, they should consult with a board-certified New York hair restoration doctor, or a hair transplant surgeon elsewhere in the country, that is experienced in providing results that are natural and long lasting in appearance. The hair transplant surgeon will also examine the scalp of the patient to determine the cause of the hair loss and the reasons that the hair loss has occurred. This information will allow the hair restoration specialist to determine the best hair transplant option to provide the desired hair density and fullness on the scalp of the patient.