The mouth can give others a good idea how a person feels about their appearance. A warm and open smile can give the impression that someone is happy with the look of their mouth while a person that keeps their mouth closed is often viewed as trying to hide something or the person is not pleased with the look of their teeth and gums. For those that try and hide the look of their teeth and gums from others, cosmetic dentistry is available to improve and rejuvenate the appearance, and even the functionality, of the teeth and gums. In order to help patients that are looking to make a positive change in the appearance of their mouth, Cosmetic Town News has used our intelligent system to compile lists of the best doctors currently performing cosmetic dentistry in some of the biggest cities across the country. Here is our list of the best cosmetic dentists in New York for 2019:
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments in New York
Once a person decides to undergo a cosmetic dentistry procedure, it is time to choose the best cosmetic dentistry option to achieve the desired results. Here are some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments currently performed by cosmetic dentists in New York:
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is performed to lighten the appearance of the teeth in order to give a patient whiter teeth and a brighter smile. Patients have the option to have teeth whitening performed in the office of a doctor or they can get teeth whitening products, such as gels and molds, to perform teeth whitening in the comfort of their own home. The gels and molds that they take home are provided to them by the cosmetic dentist. Teeth whitening products can also be purchased at retail stores (over the counter) and these products include teeth whitening options such as whitening strips, rinses that lighten the teeth and teeth whitening toothpaste.
- Dental Veneers – Dental veneers are pieces of porcelain that are tooth-colored, as well as very thin, and they are made to cover the front part of the teeth of a patient. Before they are placed on the teeth, the dentist will have to remove around a half-millimeter of enamel from the surface of the tooth of the patient. Once the designated amount of enamel is removed, the dental veneers are ready to be cemented to the front of the teeth and put in place. The dental veneers work to change the color, shape, size and length of the teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays – Inlays and onlays, also known as indirect fillings, are made from composite materials and they are created to treat damaged teeth. Inlays and onlays are dental fillings that are molded into place during the dental visit of a patient. The molds that are created by a cosmetic dentist are shipped to a dental lab to be manufactured. Once they are sent back to the office of the dentist, they are bonded into place by the cosmetic dentist. There is a slight difference in the placement of inlays and onlays. An inlay is when the composite material is bonded in the center of the tooth. On the other hand, an onlay is when the filling is used to cover the biting surface and/or another part of the tooth.
- Dental Implants – A dental implant is a titanium replacement for a missing tooth. The dental implant is placed in the section of the mouth where a tooth is missing. The cosmetic dentist will place the dental implant in the bone socket of the missing tooth. As the jawbone begins to heal, it will grow around the dental implant and anchor it in the jaw. The anchoring of the dental implant provides a solid foundation for a tooth, created by cosmetic dentistry, which will replace the missing tooth.
- Dental Crown – A dental crown is placed over the damaged tooth. The dental crown is placed above the gum line in order to replace the damaged tooth. In addition, the dental crown also covers the appearance of a tooth that is discolored or misshaped. Dental crowns can be made of resin, metal or ceramic and they can rejuvenate and restore the look, strength and shape of the damaged tooth as well as prevent a tooth from breaking. Finally, a dental crown can keep a cracked tooth together.
- Dental Bonding – The dental bonding process is when a cosmetic dentist places a putty-like resin on a damaged tooth. Once the resin is placed on the tooth, it is bonded to the damaged tooth through the use of a laser light or ultraviolet light. The dentist will then proceed to trim and shape the bonded material so it matches the look of the teeth around it. Dental bonding can repair damaged teeth that are cracked, chipped or misshaped.
New York Cosmetic Dentists Consultation Appointment
Anyone interested in undergoing cosmetic dentistry in New York, or anywhere else in the country, needs to schedule a consultation appointment with a board-certified dentist such as the ones on our 2019 list of the best cosmetic dentists in New York. The cosmetic dentist will examine the current condition of the teeth of the patient in order to determine the best cosmetic dentistry option to achieve the desired final results. The cosmetic dentist will also advise the patient on how to practice proper oral hygiene in order to enjoy results that are long lasting and natural in appearance.