Discolored and dull teeth, as well as the appearance of stains on the teeth, can cause a person to try and make a change in the overall appearance of the teeth and gums. In addition, the teeth can sometimes become cracked or have chips in them, to the point that they break, because of trauma to the teeth or even bad oral hygiene. Patients that have issues with their teeth and gums can visit a board-certified cosmetic dentist to make the desired changes in the appearance and functionality of their damaged or dull teeth. There are thousands of cosmetic dentists currently providing long-lasting, realistic results across the country. Cosmetic Town is showcasing some of the best cosmetic dentists in many of the biggest cities in the United States. Thanks to the use of the Cosmetic Town intelligent system, the Cosmetic Town research team has complied and created a number of 2019 lists of the best cosmetic dentists across the country.
For the year 2019, here is our list of the best cosmetic dentists in Chicago:
Chicago Cosmetic Dentistry Options
When it comes to having cosmetic dentistry to make the desired changes in the appearance and functionality of the teeth and gums, patients need to be aware of the many options available to them. There are multiple options when it comes to Chicago cosmetic dentistry as well as a multitude of board-certified cosmetic dentists to choose from when it is time to have cosmetic dentistry performed.
The following are some of the most popular Chicago cosmetic dentistry procedures that patient can undergo to improve the appearance of their mouth:
- Dental Veneers – Dental veneers are created by a cosmetic dentist by using thin, tooth-colored porcelain. The cosmetic dentist places the dental veneers in the mouth of the patient to cover the front portion of the teeth. The teeth are prepared for the cosmetic dentistry treatment by the dentist removing about a half-millimeter of enamel from the surface of the existing tooth. Once the enamel is removed from the tooth of the patient, the dental veneers are then cemented to the front of the teeth and they are able to change the length, shape, color and size of the teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is performed to lighten the look of the teeth while also providing the patient with a brighter smile. Teeth whitening can either be performed in the office of a cosmetic dentist or patients can take teeth whitening gels and molds, approved and provided by the cosmetic dentist, home in order to perform the teeth whitening treatment on their own. Teeth whitening products can be bought over the counter and used for treatments performed at home and they include teeth whitening strips, rinses and toothpaste.
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding begins when the cosmetic dentist places putty-like resin on a damaged tooth so the resin can be bonded to the damaged tooth with a laser light or an ultraviolet light by the cosmetic dentist. The dentist will then trim any part of the bonded material that is not in the proper place in order for its shape to properly match the appearance of the surrounding teeth. Dental bonding is performed to repair misshaped teeth or teeth that suffer from chips or cracks due to an accident, trauma or poor oral hygiene.
- Dental Implants – A dental implant that is made of titanium is inserted into the mouth to serve as a replacement for a missing tooth. The dental implant is placed in the bone socket that is located around the area where the tooth of the patient is missing. As the jawbone begins to heal, it grows around the dental implant in order to anchor the dental implant into the jaw. A dental implant that is placed in the section of the mouth with the missing tooth works to improve the overall functionality of that particular area of the mouth.
- Inlays and Onlays – Inlays and onlays are also called indirect fillings. Inlays and onlays are made of composite materials that are molded into place by the cosmetic dentist. Once the molds of the inlays and onlays are created, they are shipped to a dental lab so they can be manufactured. The indirect fillings are created and are then mailed back to the cosmetic dentist so they can be bonded into place. An inlay is bonded in the center of the tooth while an onlay is designed to cover the biting surface of the tooth.
Chicago Cosmetic Dentists Consultation
When a patient is ready to have a cosmetic dentistry treatment performed by a Chicago cosmetic dentist, the patient should schedule a consultation appointment with a board-certified Chicago cosmetic dentist. The Chicago cosmetic dentist of choice will perform a thorough examination of the current condition of the teeth and gums of the patient. Once the cosmetic dentist has the necessary information about the teeth and gums, the patient will meet with the cosmetic dentist to determine the best cosmetic dentistry option that will allow the patient to achieve the desired final results.