As a person ages, the appearance of the mouth can change thanks to stains or dullness on the teeth and gums. The teeth can break or crack or chip while the gums can bleed or recede. Some of these changes to the teeth and gums can be the result of poor oral hygiene on the part of the patient or some sort of accident or trauma to the mouth. People that suffer damage to the teeth are often unwilling to smile broadly or do anything that will allow others to see their teeth and gums. For patients that have these issues with the appearance of their mouth, they can turn to cosmetic dentistry to make the desired changes in the look of their teeth and gums. Cosmetic dentistry improves the appearance, as well as the functionality in some cases, of the teeth and gums of a patient. There are many options for patients to choose from when it comes to picking an experienced and board-certified cosmetic dentist to make the desired changes in the look and functionality of their mouth. Cosmetic Town is here to make it easier for patients that want to have cosmetic dentistry by spotlighting some the best cosmetic dentists in many major cities across the country. Thanks to the use of the Cosmetic Town intelligent system, we have created a number of 2019 lists of the best cosmetic dentists across the country.
Here is our list of the best cosmetic dentists in Miami for 2019:
Miami Cosmetic Dentistry Options
Once the decision is made to have cosmetic dentistry performed on the mouth, patients need to be aware of the multiple options they have when it comes cosmetic dentistry that will achieve the desired results.
Here are some of the most popular Miami cosmetic dentistry treatments currently available to patients looking to improve the appearance of their mouth:
- Dental Veneers – Dental veneers are created using thin, tooth-colored porcelain. The dental veneers are placed in the mouth of the patient so they will cover the front part of the teeth. Cosmetic dentists will prepare the teeth for the procedure by removing around a half-millimeter of enamel from the surface of the existing tooth. After the enamel is removed from the tooth of the patient, the dental veneers are cemented to the front of the teeth. Dental veneers are able to change the color, length, shape and size of the teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentistry treatment that lightens the appearance of the teeth and also gives the person a brighter smile. Patients that decide to have teeth whitening can have it performed in the office of a doctor. If they do not want to have the teeth whitening performed by the doctor, patients can take teeth whitening gels and molds, provided by the cosmetic dentist, home and perform the teeth whitening treatment on their own. Teeth whitening products are also available for purchase over the counter including teeth whitening rinses, strips and toothpaste.
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding starts with the placement of a putty-like resin on a damaged tooth. Once the resin is put in place, the resin is bonded to the damaged tooth through the use of an ultraviolet or laser light by the cosmetic dentist. The dentist will need to trim the bonded material on the tooth so its shape will match the look of the teeth that surround it. Dental bonding repairs misshaped teeth as well as teeth that are damaged from chips or cracks.
- Dental Implants – A dental implant is made of titanium and it is placed in the mouth in order to replace a missing tooth. The cosmetic dentist will place the dental implant in the bone socket that is surrounding the area where the tooth is missing. Thanks to the healing of the jawbone, it will grow around the dental implant and this will anchor the dental implant into the jaw. The dental implant is placed in the area with the missing tooth to help improve the functionality of the area of the mouth.
- Inlays and Onlays – Inlays and onlays are also known as indirect fillings that are made of composite materials. They are molded into place by the cosmetic dentist and then they are shipped to a dental lab to be manufactured. Once the indirect fillings are created and sent back by the dental lab, they are bonded into place. An inlay is bonded in the center of the tooth. On the other hand, an onlay covers the biting surface of the tooth or another part of the tooth.
Miami Cosmetic Dentists Consultation
Patients that want more information about Miami cosmetic dentistry should schedule a consultation appointment with a board-certified Miami cosmetic dentist (such as the ones listed above as part of our 2019 list of the best cosmetic dentists in Miami). The Miami cosmetic dentist will examine the current condition of the teeth and gums of the patient before making the final decision about the best cosmetic dentistry option to achieve the desired final results.