One of the reasons plastic surgery is so popular these days is the fact that members of the public often want to look like their favorite celebrities. They see stars on the red carpet, as well as at awards shows and on concert stages, and they want to achieve the same look as these celebrities. While some reality TV stars like the Kardashians are known for achieving their evolving look through plastic surgery, there are some female celebrities that are very much against having plastic surgery. Let’s take a look at some the celebrities that said “no” to the idea of having plastic surgery.
Celebrities that said “No” to Plastic Surgery
- Pink is known for speaking her mind on a variety of subjects and one of those topics is plastic surgery. Earlier this year, the singer shared a “note to self” on Twitter where she discussed how she was beginning to notice the impact of the aging process on her appearance. She stated that the effects of aging made her feel “weird” but she has decided to embrace these changes to her look.
In the note, she wrote “Dear Me, you’re getting older. I see lines. Especially when you smile. Your nose is getting bigger..You look (and feel) weird as you get used to this new reality. But your nose looks like your kids, and your face wrinkles where you laugh…and yeah you idiot…u smoked.”
She added, “Continued note to self: Every once in a while you consider altering your face, and then you watch a show where you want to see what the person is feeling…and their face doesn’t move. I cannot get behind it. I just can’t.”
Pink ended her note by encouraging her followers to “get on board” because she plans on aging the “OL FASHIONED WAY”.
- Meryl Streep is considered to be one of the greatest actresses of our generation. She is also against the idea of plastic surgery after viewing what she considers to be less than ideal results for some of her peers. Back in 2009, she told Vanity Fair, “When I see it in people I meet, it’s like an interruption in communication with them. It’s like a flag in front of the view, and that, for an actor is like wearing a veil – it’s not a good thing.”
Streep continued the conversation about plastic surgery with Good Housekeeping. “You’d be amazed at how many men in this industry have gone down that road [of getting plastic surgery]. I just don’t get it. You have to embrace getting older. Life is precious, and when you’re lost a lot of people, you realize each day is a gift.”
- Kate Winslet gained worldwide fame as one of the stars of “Titanic”. She has also gained additional fame thanks to being against plastic surgery. She told The Telegraph, “It goes against my morals, the way that my parents brought me up and what I consider to be natural beauty. I will never give in. I am an actress. I don’t want to freeze the expression of my face.”
- Julianne Moore won an Oscar in 2015 and has long been considered one of the most beautiful actresses in Hollywood. When asked about the topic of Botox by Allure, she replied “I hate to condemn people for doing it, but I don’t believe it makes people look better. I think it just makes them look like they had something done to their face. When you look at somebody who’s had their face altered in some way, it just looks weird.”
- Julia Roberts has been one of the highest paid, and most visible, celebrities in Hollywood. She was asked about the subject of plastic surgery by ELLE and this was her response. “It’s unfortunate that we live in such a panicked, dysmorphic society where women don’t even give themselves a chance to see what they’ll look like as older persons. I want to have some idea of what I’ll look like before I start cleaning the slates. I want my kids to know when I’m pissed, when I’m happy, and when I’m confounded. Your face tells a story…and it shouldn’t be a story about your drive to the doctor’s office.” Roberts has admitted that her views against plastic surgery are rare in Hollywood and that she has already taken a big risk with her career by not having a facelift
- Salma Hayek has spoken out multiple times against plastic surgery. She told InStyle that she does not want Botox or any other types of surgical enhancements. “I think it is terrible, these girls in their late 20s injecting their faces and lips.”
Evolving Look of Celebrity Plastic Surgery
It remains to be seen if the celebrities listed above continue to be against the idea of plastic surgery in the future. In general, female celebrities are held to a different standard than male celebrities. Men are expected to look older while females in the entertainment business are expected to maintain a youthful look for as long as possible. The female celebrities listed above have been able to maintain a career without undergoing plastic surgery and Cosmetic Town will watch their careers, as well as their changing appearance as they get older, to see if they avoid the pressure to have cosmetic procedures.