While 2020 was a very trying year for the public, the start of 2021 is filled with hope that positive changes can be made in the health and appearance of many people. As the public continues to wear masks and practice social distancing, there are some who starting to consider the possibility of using this COVID-19 time period to alter and enhance their appearance. Take a look at the reasons below why now is a good time to get plastic surgery before Zoom meetings are not the norm and in-person gatherings become a viable option again without the need to wear a mask at all times.
Reasons to Get Plastic Surgery in a Pandemic
- Self-Care is On the Rise – The extended amount of time the public has spent away from others has also meant they have not been able to go to the gym or enjoy personal services like a haircut. The announcement of coronavirus vaccines has caused many people to focus on self-care and making what they view as improvements to their looks. From breast augmentation that augments the size of the breasts to rhinoplasty that hides the new appearance of the nose and liposuction that gets rid of stubborn fat, self-care in the form of making long desired changes to their appearance has grown in popularity as the public looks forward to the future.
- More Money Available for Plastic Surgery – The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has caused the cancellation of travel plans for the majority of the public. In the past, many people were saving for a vacation but those plans have been put or hold or cancelled due to public safety concerns. With those activities not happening at any point in the near future, the money that was going to be used on a vacation is now available for other purposes such as plastic surgery. Instead of using the money for a relaxing vacation, the funds are now being used to make desired improvements in the appearance of a person.
- Time to Heal Away from the Gaze of the Public – The need to work from home, along with social distancing and reduced travel opportunities has made it easier for patients to heal without it being obvious to others that a plastic surgery procedure has been performed. Since there are fewer social outings, patients are finding the chance to heal at home an ideal time to have a desired plastic surgery procedure. In addition, having a less busy schedule also allows a person to enjoy a more relaxed recovery period which is highly beneficial to the healing ability of the body. The lack of stress from having to run errands or go to work means the body has a better chance to peacefully and naturally deal with any swelling and inflammation that result from a procedure.
- Virtual Medicine Leads to Easier Consultations – One aspect of the medical world that has grown in popularity with medical professionals across the country is virtual medical appointments via Zoom or Skype. Telemedicine services have been on the rise from cosmetic surgery consultations to mental health care services. People are enjoying the opportunity to chat with a surgeon and discuss their plastic surgery options from the comfort of their own home. Once the procedure has been performed, many post-op appointments can also be performed over virtual online platforms. While a doctor will likely want to see a patient face-to-face before making the final decision to schedule a surgical procedure, an online appointment is an ideal starting point in the plastic surgery process.
- No Time Like the Present – Thanks to all of the time spent at home and the slower pace that has become common for the public, multiple patients have decided to not put off making desired changes to their appearance. Whether it is a change to the facial features or an improved contour to the butt or breasts, there is a new desire to focus on self-improvement and put a greater emphasis on self-care. The pandemic has given people more time to consider the areas of their lives and appearance they want to improve. This translates to people deciding to have procedures that make a long-lasting impact and leads to a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance to the targeted area of the body.
As 2021 continues, there is hope that the United States (along with the rest of the world) will continue to see improvements in the battle against coronavirus. If the vaccine rollout proves to be successful and more businesses are allowed to open once again, people will start to see each other in-person on a daily basis. Now is the perfect time to consider plastic surgery while the opportunity to heal away from the eyes of the public is still an option thanks to social distancing and working from home. If a plastic surgery procedure is performed in the near future, there is a good possibility that the healing process will be completed before in-person meetings are once again a regularly scheduled event.