While some people want to look younger to better their job prospects, other people want to look their best to the opposite sex or even in their online “selfies”. No matter the reason for wanting to turn back the clock, here are some procedures to help patients look years younger:
- Neck Lift (Lower Rhytidectomy) – A neck lift removes remove excess, sagging skin and fat while also tightening the underlying muscles. The neck is one of the first places where signs of age start to show in the form of double chins, jowls or a turkey neck. A neck better contours the face while also providing a more youthful appearance. One of the best parts of a neck lift is the fact that a person looks thinner and younger without it being obvious that some “work” was performed.
- Labiaplasty – A procedure that reduces the size of the labia minora which is the flaps of skin on either side of the vaginal opening. Women that are embarrassed about the appearance of their labia, or who experience discomfort during sex and athletic activities, can benefit from labiaplasty.
- Dimplectomy – Patients who want more defined dimples can have them surgically implanted. The doctor makes an incision in the cheeks and removes fatty tissues. The skin is then stitched together, from the inside of the cheek, to stretch it and form a dimple. People with a dimple on only one cheek can use it to make a symmetrical appearance.
- Lip Reduction – The surgeon makes a horizontal incision inside each lip. After removing any excess fatty tissue, the doctor closes the incisions. The surgery is especially popular among African-Americans, Asians and Hispanic people.
- Ear Pinning or Reshaping (Otoplasty) – After exposing the cartilage through an incision behind the ear, the physician reshapes it and removes any excess skin. If necessary, the ear is positioned closer to the head and the incision is then closed with a permanent suture. Otoplasty is a good option for anyone unhappy with the size or shape of their ears while still wanting natural looking results.
- Fat Grafting (Autologous Fat Transfer) – Fat grafting uses fat from other parts of the body for a number of procedures such as buttock and breast augmentation. It is also used as a filler to add volume to the face and to fill-in laugh lines, crow’s feet and acne scars. This procedure employs the patient’s own tissue so there’s no risk of an allergic reaction. The results are usually natural-looking and long-lasting.
(This article originally appeared on sarasotamagazine.com)