A shiny set of teeth and a bright smile can get the attention of others and help a person appear happy, confident and full of life. Finding the right cosmetic dentist to give you the results you desire with the look of your teeth is not always easy to accomplish. Are you happy with the appearance of your teeth or do you want to make a change in their overall look? Cosmetic Town is here to help you find the best cosmetic dentist to make a change in the appearance of your mouth and teeth.
The following is our 2019 list of the “Best Miami Doctors for Cosmetic Dentistry” as determined by the Cosmetic Town intelligent system:
Want to learn more about the research methods used by the Cosmetic Town research team to create the list of cosmetic dentists currently providing natural, long-lasting results in Miami? If so, take a look at the criteria used by our team to identify the top doctors in this article:
Cosmetic Town makes it Easy to Find the Best Cosmetic Doctors in Miami
Popular Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Miami
In general, cosmetic dentistry is performed to improve the overall appearance of the teeth and the mouth. Cosmetic dentistry can be performed using multiple techniques to achieve the desired results after addressing issues involving the appearance of teeth that are cracked, chipped, discolored or unevenly spaced. Many of these techniques can also improve the functionality of the teeth.
Some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures that are performed on a regular basis include:
- Dental Implants – A dental implant is an artificial root that is placed in the jaw using surgical methods. They can be placed with a prosthetic tooth on top of it which serves to replace any teeth that are missing. The implant is essentially a small titanium screw. It is in the jawbone in order to act like the root of the tooth that is missing. The top part of the implant is the place where the artificial tooth crown is attached because it protrudes from the bone.
- Dental Bonding – This is a treatment where a composite filling material is placed on a damaged tooth. It allows the dentist to create a tooth that is restored and natural in appearance. A special blue light is used to harden the putty-like material placed on the tooth so they can bond with each other.
- Dental Crowns – A dental crown is created once a dentist takes a mold of a tooth that has been badly damaged. The crown is then placed on the tooth in order to finish the repair process. In general a dental crown covers all, or at least a good potion, of a tooth that has been weakened by cavities, fractures or large fillings. The crown can even extend all the way down to the gum line when it is used to cover a damaged tooth.
- Dental Bridges – A dental bridge is used by a dentist to fill-in a space in the mouth that has one tooth, or multiple teeth, missing. The dental bridge will need a crown or bridge abutment placed on the teeth located next to the missing teeth. The crown or bridge abutment is needed so the dental bridge can be placed properly. The artificial tooth is known as a pontic and it works to bridge the gap as well as restore the look of the teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers – A veneer is a ceramic shell that is placed by the cosmetic dentist on the front portion of the teeth. The veneer is a cover for any cracks or chips in the teeth. The veneers can also change the color of the teeth and improve the appearance of the smile.
- Teeth Whitening – This treatment removes stains on the teeth and also lightens the appearance of the teeth so they have a brighter look.
- Gum Contouring – A treatment that works to reshape the gum line of the patient while also improving the smile of the person. Gum contouring is a good choice for anyone who feels their gums are too high, or too low, on the teeth. The final results are an overall improvement in the gum line shape of the patient.
- Inlays and Onlays – These dental restorations are used to repair damaged teeth. Inlays are placed in the actual tooth of the patient. An onlay covers the edges of a damaged tooth while also coming halfway down to the gum line.
Cosmetic Dentistry Results in Miami
The treatment options listed above provide final results that make your mouth look more youthful thanks to an overall rejuvenation in its appearance. In order to achieve the desired results, patients should do proper research about Miami cosmetic dentists or dentists in other parts of the country. An experienced and board-certified dentist will perform a thorough examination of the mouth in order to determine the best method to get you final results that rejuvenate and refresh your smile.