No matter how hard some people diet and exercise on a daily or weekly basis, they often find they just can’t get rid of some of the stubborn fat that exists on multiple areas of the body. In order to get rid of this unwanted fat, many patients are now turning to cosmetic fat reduction to achieve the shape and contour they desire with their body.
One of the reasons patients turn to Los Angeles cosmetic fat reduction, as well as cosmetic fat reduction in other cities, is the fact that some fat is hard to remove via natural methods such as diet and exercise. One of the most popular cosmetic fat reduction methods is liposuction which is a safe and effective method of removing fat from multiple areas of the body while also providing results that are natural in appearance as well as long-lasting once the final results are achieved.
Cosmetic Town knows it is not easy to find the right doctor to perform cosmetic fat reduction. There are thousands of choices across the country when it comes to surgeons that advertise cosmetic fat reduction services such as traditional liposuction and newer, non-invasive methods such as CoolSculpting. Our research staff is ready to help patients find the best doctor to deliver the natural looking results they hope to achieve by having a cosmetic fat reduction procedure.
Here is our 2019 list of the “Best Los Angeles Doctors for Cosmetic Fat Reduction” as determined by the Cosmetic Town intelligent system:
The doctors listed above exhibited a consistent effort in educating patients as well as writing articles to share with their peers. Plus, these doctors displayed an ongoing commitment to achieving maximum patient satisfaction and superior results.
Los Angeles Cosmetic Fat Reduction Techniques
In order to achieve the desired results when it comes to removing fat and enhancing the contour and shape of the body, there are multiple Los Angeles cosmetic fat reduction techniques patients can undergo:
- Traditional Liposuction – This liposuction technique involves the surgeon making small incisions in the targeted area of the body. The incisions are made in order for a cannula to be inserted into the targeted fatty areas of the body that are located between the muscle and the skin. The surgeon moves the cannula back and forth through the area designated for the fat removal. The targeted areas of fat will be broken apart which makes it easier to remove the targeted fat that is proving to be stubborn to eliminate by natural means.
- Ultrasonic Liposuction – The surgeon uses a special cannula that emits ultrasonic sound waves. The sound waves are used to make it easier to penetrate the targeted areas of fat during this cosmetic fat reduction procedure. The sound waves liquefy the fat cells which makes it easier for the surgeon to remove the fat from the body.
- Tumescent Liposuction – A solution made of a local anesthetic, lidocaine and epinephrine is injected into the targeted layer of fat. The solution, which is normally three times the amount of fat that is scheduled to be removed, is injected in order to swell the fat cells in the targeted area. This process makes it easier to isolate and remove the fat cells through the performance of cosmetic liposuction surgery.
- Super-Wet Liposuction – A cosmetic fat reduction liposuction technique that also uses an injection of fluid. However, the total amount of fluid that is injected is less than the amount used by a doctor during tumescent liposuction. The amount of fluid used by the surgeon is generally equal to the amount of fat scheduled to be removed from the body.
- Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL) – This liposuction technique uses a cannula that has a vibrating tip that makes it easier to break apart the targeted fat cells.
- CoolLipo – A minimally invasive liposuction technique that is designed to treat areas of the body such as the neck, arms and jowls. A laser breaks apart the fat cells and then removes them in the areas designated for treatment and also in areas that have loose skin such as the abdomen and thighs. CoolLipo can also tighten the skin and contract collagen.
- Abdominal Etching – A technique that is performed to enhance the abdominal muscles and give a patient the appearance of having a “six pack” to the abs. The surgeon marks the areas that are scheduled to be treated. The surgeon also outlines the muscles as well as any fat that is obscuring the muscles. Once the proper areas are marked, cosmetic liposuction is performed so the desired results can be enjoyed by the patient.
- SmartLipo – This is a liposuction technique that allows a surgeon to remove up to eight pounds of fat during a procedure. The final results of this procedure are more contoured than other cosmetic fat reduction techniques.
- SlimLipo – A laser melts targeted fat cells before they are removed from the body of the patient.
Schedule a Consultation with a Los Angeles Cosmetic Fat Reduction Doctor
Cosmetic fat reduction can provide a permanent removal of any targeted fat as well as results that are long-lasting and natural in appearance. The first step in the Los Angeles cosmetic fat reduction process is scheduling a consultation appointment with a board-certified doctor (like the ones listed above). The doctor can examine the patient and determine if the person is an ideal candidate to undergo a cosmetic fat reduction procedure.