It is not always easy to find an experienced and board-certified doctor you can trust when it comes to making a change through cosmetic surgery. If you are not happy with the appearance of your eyelids, and want to change to get the results you desire, Cosmetic Town can help you find the best doctors currently performing eyelid cosmetic surgery in Los Angeles. The following is our list of the “Best Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery Doctors in Los Angeles” as determined by the Cosmetic Town intelligent system:
- Milind Ambe, MD
- Robert Hardesty, MD
- Timothy Miller, MD
- George Sanders, MD
- Adrian Yi, MD
- Peter Newen, MD
- Kenneth Kim, MD
- Thomas Toohey, MD
- Scott Miller, MD
- Pearlman Hicks, MD
Want more insights and information about the methods used by Cosmetic Town to determine the best eyelid cosmetic surgery doctors in Los Angeles?
Here are the criteria used to choose the top doctors listed in this article: Cosmetic Town makes it Easy to Find the Best Doctors in Los Angeles.
Eyelid surgery is also known as an eye lift. This type of cosmetic surgery is performed on the eyelids of patients. When preparing to undergo eyelid cosmetic surgery, there are multiple techniques that can be used by doctors to make the desired changes. These techniques include:
- Blepharoplasty – Plastic surgery performed on the eyelids to remove excess skin and fat. Upper blepharoplasty addresses any extra skin and fat that is located in the central and nose side of the upper eyelid. On the other hand, lower blepharoplasty addresses only the skin or both the skin and muscle below the eye. Either procedure can make an improvement in the appearance of puffy, sagging or tired-looking eyes by tightening the skin around the eyes and providing a more youthful appearance.
- Double eyelid surgery – A technique that is mainly performed mainly on Asian patients in order to make the eyes look larger and more alert. While the surgical technique of double eyelid surgery is not all that different between male and female patients, aesthetic considerations like the width and shape of the crease differs between the sexes.
- Eyelid revision and reconstruction – Patients with defects around the eyes, as well as the upper face or the mid-face, can have these conditions caused by a tumor excision or tissue loss after trauma. Eyelid reconstruction treats these issues. However, eyelid revision treats a patient who previously had surgery but still has some pulling down or pulling upward of the lower eyelid.
- Canthoplasty – A procedure performed on the lateral canthus which is the outer corner of the eye where the upper and lower eyelids join together. This technique involves the surgeon cutting and sewing the lateral canthus in order to solve any issues caused by a drooping of the lower eyelid due to aging, the muscle responsible for closing the eye becoming weak due to a previous surgery or eyeball bulging.
- Eyelid fat grafting – A technique that addresses any amount of hollowness in the upper and lower eyelid area There are a number of reasons that people lose fat in these areas and they include genetics, aging or a previous blepharoplasty procedure. Thanks to undergoing blepharoplasty surgery, a good amount of the protective layer of fat around the eyes is removed. If too much of this fat is taken out, doctors can somewhat restore its appearance by taking fat from other areas of the body and placing it in the eyelid area. The end result of the procedure is restored volume and a more youthful appearance.
After any of these eyelid cosmetic surgery procedures are performed, the patient will enjoy a youthful and rejuvenated appearance. Depending on the type of surgery that is performed, the vision of the patient can also be improved as well. Patients interested in undergoing any of the above procedures should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine which technique will best help them achieve their goals.
Eyelid cosmetic surgery is regularly performed all over the United States. Patients have the surgery for a number of reasons including lost volume in the eyelid area and the desire to restore the appearance of the eyelids to a full and youthful look. Patients from all over the country travel to Los Angeles, as well as the surrounding cities of Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and Hollywood, thanks to its reputation as one of the leaders in the successful performance of eyelid cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic Town connects patients with the best doctors. Find a doctor in your area.