The quest for a doctor that can safely remove excess fat, in the amount desired by a patient, is not an easy one. There are many doctors that advertise liposuction services so patients need to conduct a proper amount of research before they make the final decision about their doctor of choice. Liposuction is a procedure that eliminates fat from the body that is hard to remove through the use of exercise and a proper diet.
The Cosmetic Town team recently conducted research to create a list of doctors performing liposuction in San Francisco for our latest “best of” list. Here is our 2018 list of the “Best Doctors in San Francisco for Liposuction” as determined by the Cosmetic Town intelligent system:
Interested in learning more information about the methods used by the Cosmetic Town research team to determine the best doctors currently performing liposuction in San Francisco? Click on the link to learn more about the criteria used to choose the top doctors listed in this article:
Cosmetic Town makes it Easy to Find the Best Doctors in San Francisco
The Multiple Techniques of Liposuction
Liposuction is performed in multiple ways and the technique used depends on the results desired by the patient. These liposuction techniques include:
- Traditional Liposuction – This is the most traditional liposuction method and it is where small incisions are made so the surgeon can insert a cannula into the fatty areas located between the skin and muscle. The surgeon uses the cannula to suction out any excess fat as well as move the cannula back and forth in order to break apart and remove the fat in the area targeted by the doctor.
- Ultrasonic Liposuction – The doctor uses a cannula to send ultrasonic waves designed to penetrate the deposits of fat. The ultrasonic sound waves cause the targeted fat cells to liquefy so they are easier for the surgeon to remove.
- Tumescent Liposuction – This technique involves a solution containing a local anesthetic, lidocaine and epinephrine being injected into the fat layer. The amount of solution that is injected is usually three times the amount of fat that is scheduled to be removed by the doctor. The solution works to swell the fat cells in order to make it easier for the fat cells to be isolated and removed via liposuction.
- Power Assisted Liposuction – This technique uses a special cannula with a vibrating tip that works to break apart the fat cells that are targeted.
- SmartLipo – This method allows up to eight pounds of fat to be removed in one surgical procedure. After the fat is removed, the patient enjoys a better body contour.
- Super-Wet Liposuction – Fluid is injected but the total amount that is injected is less than the amount injected during tumescent lipo. The amount of fluid that is injected is usually equal to the amount of fat scheduled to be removed by the surgeon.
- CoolLipo – A method that is minimally invasive and is commonly used to treat areas that are more sensitive such as the neck, jowls and arms. A laser breaks apart the fat cells in the targeted area to make them easier to remove. CoolLipo is also helpful in stimulating the production of collagen and tightening the skin.
- Abdominal Etching – A surgical technique that enhances the muscles in the abdomen and results in the appearance of a “six pack” in the abs. The areas that are scheduled to be treated are marked by the surgeon. The doctor will also outline the muscles and any fat that is obscuring the muscles before the start of the liposuction procedure.
The Results of Liposuction
The results provided by liposuction are both long-lasting and natural in appearance. In addition, liposuction eliminates excess fat that is not wanted by the patient. People are willing to travel all over the country to get the results they desire from plastic surgery and this is especially true when it comes to the body contouring results of liposuction.
San Francisco is a popular destination for liposuction thanks to the large amount of board-certified doctors that provide the superior results desired by patients. Patients are encouraged to do their own research when it comes to the doctors on the above list. They need to find the doctor that they are most comfortable with trusting to provide the life changing results provided by liposuction.
See who made our Best Liposuction Doctors in San Francisco in 2021.