The search for a doctor that can safely remove the desired amount of excess fat from the body is not an easy one. There are a large number of doctors that offer liposuction services and patients should do a proper amount of research before making their final decision. Liposuction removes fat from the body that has proven to be hard to remove even when a person follows a proper diet and exercise routine. These stubborn areas of fat can be reduced, and even eliminated, thanks to liposuction. The Cosmetic Town team recently researched doctors currently performing liposuction in San Diego for our latest “best of” list. Here is our 2018 list of the “Best Doctors in San Diego for Liposuction” as determined by the Cosmetic Town intelligent system:
Interested in more information about the methods used by Cosmetic Town to determine the best doctors currently performing liposuction in San Diego? If so, here are the criteria used by our research team to find the best doctors in San Diego.
What is Liposuction and how is it Performed?
There are multiple liposuction techniques available for patients to that desire to make a change in the contour and shape of their body. These techniques include:
- Traditional Liposuction – In the traditional method of liposuction, small incisions are created so a cannula can be placed into the fatty areas found between the muscle and skin. The surgeon uses the cannula to suction out the excess fat and also moves the cannula back and forth so the targeted areas of fat will be broken apart before being removed,
- Tumescent Liposuction - A solution made of a local anesthetic, epinephrine and lidocaine is injected into the fat layer. The amount of the solution is normally three times the amount of fat that will be removed by the doctor. The solution is used to swell the fat cells in order to make them easier to isolate and remove during the liposuction procedure.
- Ultrasonic Liposuction – The doctor uses a cannula to emit ultrasonic sound waves that penetrate the fat deposits. This causes the targeted fat cells to liquefy so they are easier to remove.
- Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL) – A special cannula that has a vibrating tip is used to break the targeted fat cells apart.
- Super-Wet Liposuction – An injection of fluid is used with this technique but the amount is less than the amount used during a tumescent lipo procedure. The amount of fluid used during super-wet liposuction is normally equal to the amount of fat that is scheduled to be removed.
- CoolLipo – This technique is considered to be minimally invasive and is used to treat more sensitive areas such as the jowls, neck and arms. A laser is used to break apart, and remove, the fat cells in these areas and in other sections of the body with loose skin such as the thighs and arms. The laser breaks up the targeted fat cells in these areas to make it easier for the fat to be removed. CoolLipo also stimulates collagen production and tightens the skin.
- SmartLipo – This technique allows up to eight pounds of fat to be removed at a single time. Once the fat is removed, the end result is a better contour to the body.
- Abdominal Etching – This surgical technique enhances the abdominal muscles and gives the patient a “six pack” appearance to the abs. The areas scheduled to be treated are marked by the doctor. In addition, the surgeon outlines the muscles as well as any fat that is obscuring the muscles before starting the liposuction process.
Liposuction produces results that are natural looking while also eliminating the desired amount of excess and unwanted fat from the body of the patient. Patients all over the country look to plastic surgeons to provide their desired results when it comes to liposuction. San Diego is a very popular patient destination due to the large number of board-certified doctors currently performing liposuction that provide superior results to their patients. In addition, San Diego is a popular destination thanks to its proximity to beaches, family activities and beautiful weather as well as the proven track record of satisfied patients treated by a vast number of experienced doctors.