When it comes to movie and TV stars in Hollywood, many dermatologists are reporting their celebrity patients are looking for minimally invasive procedures that offer a more natural result than surgeries that require going “under the knife.” These doctors also say that many patients want facial fillers that give increased results even if less filler is placed in the body. In other words, patients are looking for “slow” results that come about from progressive maintenance treatment options that often require multiple treatments to achieve the final results.
One doctor recently said one current popular treatment trend is “subtle, under-the-radar almost imperceptible, mini-mini-mini procedures.” Another doctor, who was interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter, remarked “Decreased use of hyaluronic acid fillers has been the trend, as Hollywood types are looking for a more natural-looking rejuvenation and trying to avoid filler fatigue.”
Current Popular Treatment Options in Hollywood
- Thread lifts have become popular once again thanks to the creation of more efficient barbed sutures that can be sewn under the skin and cause fat pads to rise to their original location. In turn, the treated area gains a more youthful look. The threads are made of polydioxanone (PDO) and, while the body absorbs them after a few months, the results from the threads last for a few years. This treatment is very popular as it does not result in the type of scars that often appear after invasive surgery.
- A stem cell facelift is a treatment that requires the harvesting of less than two ounces of fatty tissue from areas on the body such as the knee, hips, or abdomen. The stem cells are then reinjected into the body in areas such as the neck, face, and chest. The stem cells are injected in order to add volume ad make the skin have a soft and radiant appearance. The stem cells prompt the body to build new structures, so the muscle and bone become denser, and the overall quality of the skin improves.
- PlasmaSculpt is a treatment that adds volume to a treated area by mixing the blood plasma of the patient with volumizing agents. The treatment can be performed by making injections in the face, arms, necks, thighs, and buttocks., The final result is an improvement in the texture and firmness of the skin and pore size along with a reduction in the amount of fine lines.
- Radiofrequency devices stimulate the production of collagen through the warming of tissues at a deep level of the skin. The result is skin that is tightened and lifted and some of the most popular targeted areas on the body include the neck, knees, and butt. Radiofrequency devices reduce the effects of skin laxity and aging by providing a more rejuvenated look to the skin.
- Speaking of radiofrequency devices, EMSCULPT is now being viewed as a popular alternative treatment to CoolSculpting. Some doctors have pointed out that patients are becoming afraid of experiencing the rare side effect of CoolSculpting which is known as paradoxical adipose. This complication entered the public discussion in 2021. thanks to the multi-million-dollar lawsuit filed by supermodel Linda Evangelista against Zeltiq Aesthetics. The lawsuit claims her CoolSculpting procedure left her “permanently deformed.” Paradoxical adipose is a side effect where fatty tissue grows instead of shrinking in response to the cooling effect of CoolSculpting. EMSCULPT works to contour the body thanks to the building of muscle and reduction of fat at the same time. The treatment, which is normally performed in the abdomen and butt, uses electromagnetic energy to contract the muscles in the targeted area. The contraction process increases the tone and definition of the area while also building new muscles mass. Plus, the treatment enhances fat metabolism which destroys fat cells.
Hollywood Treatments for the General Public
Even though the treatment options listed in this article are being used by celebrities in Hollywood, as well as the surrounding areas of Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, they are also available to the general public.
The first step in the process of having “slow” plastic surgery is scheduling a consultation appointment with an experienced and board-certified plastic surgeon. The consultation appointment is an opportunity for the doctor and the patient to talk one-on-one. The patient will explain why he or she wants to have plastic surgery and also point out the areas of the body they want to enhance or alter. The doctor will examine the person to make sure the patient is healthy enough to have the specific treatment and if the desired results can be achieved by the procedure of choice. It is also an opportunity for the doctor to set realistic expectations so the patient will not be disappointed by the final results.
Once the doctor and the patient are in agreement about the chosen procedure and the extent of the results that can be achieved, the doctor can schedule the plastic surgery treatment.