While celebrities might seem to be different than the average person, they are just like everyone else when it comes to their appearance. They want to look their best and maintain a youthful and rejuvenated appearance as they age. Unfortunately, celebrities are like everyone else in that they have suffered plastic surgery that has not always gone as planned. Check out our latest list of nightmare celebrity plastic surgery stories:
Nightmare Celebrity Plastic Surgery Stories
- Heidi Montag – Montag came to fame as a cast member of The Hills in the mid-2000s. She is also a cast member of the rebooted version of the show on MTV. When Montag decided to undergo plastic surgery, she did not stop at one procedure. She had ten procedures done in one day in 2010. The list of plastic surgery procedures she had in one day includes neck liposuction, revision rhinoplasty, fat injections in her cheeks, breast augmentation revision, a mini brow lift, liposuction, Botox, otoplasty to pin back her ears, chin reduction and a buttock augmentation.
Flash forward to 2014 and she had her breast implants removed which took her from a size F to a size C. In an interview with Us Weekly at the time, Montag said “"I couldn't conceptualize the weight of them in my body. They felt like bowling balls on my chest. I felt inappropriate. Guys would stare at me really creepily and felt they had the right to because I had such big boobs."
In an interview last year with Paper Magazine, Montag discussed the complications she suffered during her long day of plastic surgery. She admitted that she “died for a minute. With that much surgery, I had to have 24-hour nurse care and Spencer didn't want to leave my side. I was at a recovery center and had Demerol to deal with the pain because it was so extreme. My security guards called Spencer and told him, 'Heidi's heart stopped. She's not going to make it.' And I easily could've (died). Cutting yourself up isn't something I'd recommend."
- Courteney Cox – One of the stars of “Friends”, Cox made the decision to dissolve all of the fillers she had placed in her face. Her decision to get rid of the fillers in her face was a combination of celebrity watchers mocking her changed appearance after having the fillers injected into her face and the fact that she did not have much movement in her face thanks to the fillers. According to Courteney, she is trying to look more like the person she was and is meant to look like in the future. She is embracing the fact that some things are going to change and some parts of her features are going to sag or droop.
- Jennifer Grey – Grey is best known for her role as “Baby” in “Dirty Dancing”. She is also known for undergoing rhinoplasty, AKA “a nose job”, which completely changed her appearance and forever impacted her acting career. She had the surgery in 1989 and Grey claims that she “went into the operating room a celebrity and came out anonymous”. When talking to The Mirror in 2012, she called the procedure “the nose job from hell. I’ll always be this once-famous actress nobody recognizes because of a nose job.”
- Yolanda Hadid – Hadid is a former star of the “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”. She has been outspoken in the past about her battle with Lyme disease and how she needed to dissolve her fillers, as well as remove her breast implants, in an attempt by doctors to determine the cause of her health issues. It was discovered that, after having her implants removed in 2015, that one of the implants had ruptured and it was leaking silicone into her chest cavity. In turn, the leak into the chest cavity was aggravating the symptoms of her Lyme disease. Hadid says she is done having plastic surgery and is proud to have a body that is free of breast implants, fillers and Botox.
- Dana Delany – Delany has been a consistent presence on TV for years and is known for aging gracefully. However, in 2010, she did admit to having a botched Botox procedure. She told Prevention magazine that her dermatologist injected her in the forehead and hit a nerve while performing the injection. The result was a hematoma (swelling of clotted blood). Since her botched Botox injection, the nerve has been dead and the muscle in her right eye tends to droop a little bit.
- Sharon Osbourne – One of the hosts of “The Talk”, Osbourne has always been very open about undergoing plastic surgery. In her 2013 book, “Unbreakable”, she said “There’s not much I haven’t had tweaked, stretched, peeled, lasered, veneered, enhanced or removed altogether.” She also had a double mastectomy and battled colon cancer. Osbourne feels that her face looks plastic at certain angles so she has made up her mind to not have any additional plastic surgery.
Untold Nightmare Celebrity Plastic Surgery
The celebrities listed above are just a handful of stars that actually admitted to undergoing plastic surgery in the past. There are many celebrities that have altered their appearance over the years but they have not publically admitted to undergoing any kind of surgery to enhance or augment their look. While they might not admit to having any sort of celebrity plastic surgery procedure, Cosmetic Town News will help our readers keep track of the celebrity plastic surgery that has been admitted in public and the procedures that remain unspoken about by celebrities.