The look of the skin can let others know if the skin is healthy or if it needs to undergo some type of skin rejuvenation procedure. Skin rejuvenation provides patients with a refreshed and youthful appearance thanks to the skin becoming tighter and achieving a rejuvenated look. Skin rejuvenation treatments eliminate skin that is dead, or simply dull in its appearance, so the patient enjoys skin that is newer and younger in appearance thanks to the new skin located under the older skin. Cosmetic skin rejuvenation is a popular choice for patients all across the country, including Los Angeles, looking to rejuvenate the overall appearance of their skin. They want to look younger than their actual age and feel better about their appearance. The Cosmetic Town research team, using the Cosmetic Town intelligent system, has identified the top cosmetic skin restoration doctors in some of the biggest cities across the country. Here is the 2019 list of the “Best Doctors for Cosmetic Skin Rejuvenation in Los Angeles”:
Los Angeles Cosmetic Skin Rejuvenation Options
Patients have multiple Los Angeles skin rejuvenation techniques to choose from when they are trying to achieve the final results they desire. Some of the most popular skin rejuvenation options include:
- Chemical peels are placed on the face to correct issues such as sun damage, fine lines and skin blemishes. They are classified according to their strength and the classifications are light, medium and deep. In addition, chemical peels are characterized by the acid type that is used in the chemical solution placed on the face of the patient.
- Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic skin rejuvenation method that uses tiny, fine microcrystals, placed in a machine, to slough off cells located on the top layer of the skin in order to stimulate the growth of new skin. The doctor places a skin adapter on the face to shoot the microcrystals on the portion of the skin scheduled to be treated. The machine cleans the microcrystals, and also abrades the skin, to eliminate the skin that is older and/or dead. The result is new skin, located underneath the surface of the old skin, becoming visible and giving the patient a more youthful look. In addition, microdermabrasion stimulates collagen production in the new skin cells.
- Laser skin resurfacing is the use of a high-intensity laser light to lessen or eliminate wrinkles and scars thanks to the tightening of loose skin for a refreshed look. The outer layers of skin are vaporized by the laser to reveal skin, which has a younger look, underneath the older skin. Cosmetic skin rejuvenation doctors use three types of lasers for laser skin resurfacing. Erbium laser is an ablative laser and it improves minimal fine lines and wrinkles as well as removes thin layers of skin. Fraxel laser is a non-invasive laser that resurfaces the skin and reduces the look of wrinkles and scars and lessens the look of brown spots. CO2 laser has the highest intensity laser beam that is normally used for laser skin resurfacing in order to reduce and/or eliminate the look of wrinkles and scars on the face and neck.
- Botox reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles to provide the skin a look that is more youthful and smoother in its appearance. Botox is injected into a muscle that is located near the wrinkles that will be treated. Neuromuscular blockers limit the number of muscle contractions that happen in the treated area. Once the muscles relax, the treated area has a refreshed look thanks to the reduction in the amount of unwanted wrinkles.
- Fillers add volume to the parts of the face that have gained a sunken look during the aging process. Filers are made of a variety of substances and they lessen the look of fine line and wrinkles and provide patients with a look that is more youthful in appearance.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treats changes on the face caused by sun damage or the aging process. IPL treats issues such as uneven pigmentation, wrinkles and brown spots. IPL emits pulses of light that flash like a camera. The pulses of light are targeted on the skin to penetrate the designated area as well as be absorbed by the skin.
- Thermage tightens the skin and improves the shape and look of the face and neck. A radiofrequency device glides over the areas of the face that are being treated in order for the tip of the device to come into contact with the skin surface. Radio waves heat the deep layers of the skin so collagen production will occur and create skin that is tighter and refreshed in its appearance.
Los Angeles Cosmetic Skin Rejuvenation Doctors Consultation Appointment
Patients that want to have a cosmetic skin rejuvenation procedure should schedule a consultation appointment with a board-certified cosmetic skin rejuvenation doctor in Los Angeles, or a board-certified cosmetic skin rejuvenation doctor elsewhere in the country, to get more information about achieving results that are long lasting and natural in appearance. The doctor will examine the patient to make sure the person is an ideal candidate for the changes that can be achieved through cosmetic skin rejuvenation. This examination of the skin allows the doctor to pick, and perform, the best cosmetic skin rejuvenation treatment to provide a refreshed and youthful appearance.