The aging process can make a big difference in the appearance of the face. Wrinkles, fine lines, droopy skin and age spots can appear on people of all ages and make then look older than their actual age. In the past, patients turned to surgical procedures like a facelift to get the skin rejuvenation they desired as well as an overall younger appearance. While a facelift can still provide dramatic results and a refreshed appearance to the face, there are multiple options available to patients when it comes to achieving a younger appearance through cosmetic facial rejuvenation. Cosmetic Town is devoting the month of June to spotlighting these cosmetic facial rejuvenation techniques so our readers will be able to make an educated decision when choosing a cosmetic facial rejuvenation procedure.
Important Cosmetic Facial Rejuvenation Information Update from Cosmetic Town
As part of our ongoing efforts to help readers achieve the results they desire when it comes to cosmetic facial rejuvenation, we have spent the month of June compiling lists of the best cosmetic doctors performing cosmetic facial rejuvenation in some of the largest cities across the country. Here are our 2019 lists of the best cosmetic facial doctors in the United States:
In addition to the lists of the best cosmetic facial rejuvenation doctors in the country, take a look below at some of the most popular cosmetic facial rejuvenation techniques currently being performed by board-certified cosmetic doctors.
Cosmetic Facial Rejuvenation Techniques
- Facelift – A cosmetic surgery procedure that tightens and lifts sagging skin on the neck and face. The cosmetic surgeon makes small incisions around the earlobes and then lifts, and pulls back, any loose facial and neck skin as well as any connective tissue. The doctor lifts the skin to be able to easily reach and remove excess skin before closing the incisions. A facelift can tighten the skin to provide a younger, more rejuvenated appearance by addressing problem areas such as loose neck skin, jowls, nasolabial folds (AKA the lines between the nose and mouth) and droopy skin. As opposed to dermal fillers that can last anywhere from six to twelve months, the results of a facelift can last for ten to 15 years.
- Laser Resurfacing – Lasers uses concentrated light energy beams to make an improvement in the tone, look and texture of the skin. Laser resurfacing minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and also treats brown spots and other skin discoloration while encouraging collagen production to tighten the skin. Ablative lasers penetrate and remove the outer layers of skin to encourage new skin to takes the place of the older skin. Non-ablative lasers do not break the surface of the skin. They heat the skin just below the surface to encourage the growth of new collagen and tighter skin. The results of both of these treatments are long lasting and can last for several years.
- Chemical Peels – A chemical peel is a solution that is applied to the skin and it causes the outer layers of the skin to peel away. A chemical peel, which can be of varying depths and strength, is left on the skin for an amount of time determined by the doctor. Over the next few days after the chemical peel is placed on the skin, the treated area of the skin will start to peel and reveal skin that is smoother, tighter and younger looking by reducing or removing age spots, skin discoloration, wrinkles, fine lines and scars. Depending on the depth and strength of the peel, the results can last for several months to several years.
- Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion – Microdermabrasion can be used on the neck, face, body and hands. The targeted area on the face is exfoliated through the use of a mist of abrasive particles or a fine tipped instrument. The skin that is exfoliated is vacuumed away by the doctor. There is no downtime after the procedure and it is recommended for all skin types. Microdermabrasion can treat crow’s feet, wrinkles, fine lines and age spots by brightening the skin and making an overall improvement in the tone of the skin. Dermabrasion is when a cosmetic surgeon uses a rapidly rotating blade or instrument to remove skin from the area being treated. This cosmetic facial rejuvenation technique reaches deeply into the skin so dermabrasion is not recommended for all skin types because it can have an impact on the pigmentation of the skin. Dermabrasion can reduce and eliminate smile lines, acne scars and skin blemishes while also making the skin much more smooth and youthful looking.
- Dermal Fillers – A cosmetic facial rejuvenation option for patients that have lost volume in their face thanks to the aging process. Dermal fillers restore the volume in the face without the need for surgery. The many options of dermal fillers include hyaluronic acid fillers, collagen-based fillers, semi-permanent fillers and permanent fillers. Dermal fillers plump the face and fill-in lines that appear as a person ages. Dermal fillers are most commonly used in the cheeks, the nasolabial folds (lines that run from the nose to the mouth) and the lips. The results are temporary and can last anywhere from 6 months to a year before patients need a follow-up treatment.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) – Intense pulsed light is a non-ablative treatment that is similar to laser skin resurfacing in that it uses light to treat issues with the skin and also rejuvenates the complexion of the patient. Instead of a single wavelength, IPL uses a broad light spectrum that is delivered in brief pulses. The IPL treatment absorbs excessive pigment in the skin to help restore an even complexion. Intense pulsed light also improves the overall tone of the skin as well as reduces sun damage, age spots, spider veins and fine lines. Patients that avoid damage from the sun and practice proper skin care will enjoy results that last for years.
Cosmetic Facial Rejuvenation Doctors
Patients that want to have a cosmetic facial rejuvenation treatment need to schedule a consultation appointment with a board-certified doctor. The doctor will examine the current condition of the skin to determine the best treatment option. In addition, the cosmetic doctor will set realistic expectations so the patient will not be disappointed by the final results of their cosmetic facial rejuvenation treatment.