Even though some parts of the country are dealing with colder weather that makes it still seem like winter, the first day of spring was March 20th. With the arrival of this season, it is time to start planning for outdoor activities that allow everyone to enjoy some fun in the sun. Are you ready to turn back the clock and spring into a youthful look for spring? If so, you will find the information you need in this informative article about cosmetic procedures that enhance and rejuvenate your appearance.
Cosmetic Surgery – Best Time to Have a Procedure
The best time to undergo cosmetic surgery is often earlier (rather than later) if you are planning a trip or you need to attend a public work function that requires you to be in front of a large group of people. You need to plan ahead to give your body time to heal as well as allowing you to feel confident about your appearance.
Popular Cosmetic Surgery Treatments to Rejuvenate the Body
Thankfully, the recovery period from a procedure does not mean you have to stay inside and miss any outside activities. Here are some of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures available to rejuvenate your appearance:
- Mini Brow Lift – This procedure is performed to enhance the look of the forehead through the raising of soft tissue located in the brow and the forehead. This soft tissue tends to sag as a person ages and creates an older look in this area. The surgeon makes a tiny incision, which is concealed with the hairline, in order to surgically release the targeted muscles in the forehead. A small amount of excess skin is removed (close to the incision) in order to rejuvenate the look of the forehead. The final result is an elevated look to the brow line and a smoother and more youthful look to the forehead.
- Botox and Fillers – As a person ages, fine line and wrinkles begin to appear on the face. In addition, people can start to look older due to a loss of volume in the face. Botox reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to give the face a smoother and rejuvenated look. Fillers reduce or eliminate the look of fine lines and creases in the face by restoring lost volume and fullness in the targeted area of the face.
- Mini Facelift – This facelift option is ideal for patients that want to eliminate signs of aging on the lower third of the face in order to gain a fresher look and a more defined chin. An incision is made from the bottom of the earlobe to the hairline and then it goes behind the ear of the patient. The surgeon is able to pull the skin tissues upwards, and then outwards, towards the ears. Once the skin is in the desired position, the surgeon sutures it into place and also removes any excess tissue.
Spring into a Better Body Contour
Are you having trouble removing excess fat from the body? Is diet and exercise not working to help you gain the body you desire? If so, there are multiple plastic surgery options available to help you gain a better contour as spring continues into summer.
- Tummy Tuck – This procedure, which is also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure that removes excess fat and skin in order to tighten the abdomen muscles and give the targeted area a smooth and firm look. In a traditional tummy tuck, the surgeon makes an incision that goes from one side of the hip to the other, as well as around the belly button, in order to properly reposition the navel.
- CoolSculpting – This fat reduction procedure, which is also known as cryolipolysis, cools the targeted fat under the skin to the point where the fat cells in the body are destroyed and then naturally absorbed by the body. A handheld device that has applicators and a gel pad are placed on the treated area. The applicator works to cool the targeted fat and then a suction device removes fat by moving the handheld device over the skin. In general, popular areas of the body for CoolSculpting include the abdomen, under the chin and on the back and arms.
- Liposuction – Patients that are looking to reduce fat can have liposuction to get a more contoured look to the body. Tiny incisions are made in the targeted area on the body so fat cells can be broken apart and removed using a suction tube known as a cannula. Popular areas of the body for liposuction include the abdomen, hips, thighs and upper arms.
Contact a Cosmetic Surgeon about Body Contouring
Now that you have seen some of the most popular methods to gain the desired contour to the body, your next step is to contact a board-certified doctor that is experienced in performing your desired procedure. The doctor will examine you to make sure you are healthy enough to undergo the procedure and also set realistic expectations so you will know what to except when it comes to the final results.