The appearance of the skin often indicates its overall condition as well as whether or not the skin is ideal for some type of skin rejuvenation procedure. Skin rejuvenation can give patients a more youthful and refreshed look thanks to tightening the skin or getting rid of dead or dull skin and revealing new, younger looking skin that was located underneath the older skin. Cosmetic skin rejuvenation is a growing industry all across the country, including New York City, and many patients are turning to it to help turn back the clock and make them look younger than their actual age.
Thanks to research conducted using the Cosmetic Town intelligent system, the Cosmetic Town research team has identified the top cosmetic skin restoration doctors in New York:
New York Cosmetic Skin Rejuvenation Options
When it comes to New York cosmetic skin rejuvenation procedures, patients have multiple techniques they can choose from in order to achieve the final results they desire. Here are some of the most popular treatments:
- Microdermabrasion uses tiny, fine microcrystals that are placed in a machine and they slough off cells on the top layer of the skin in order to encourage the growth of new skin. Microdermabrasion begins by placing a skin adapter on the face in order to shoot the microcrystals on the portion of the skin being treated. The machine then cleans the microcrystals as well as abrades the skin to get rid of the skin that is older and possibly dead. This cosmetic skin rejuvenation treatment results in new skin, that is located under the skin surface, becoming visible so the patient will have a more youthful look. Microdermabrasion also stimulates the production of collagen in the new skin cells.
- Chemical peels on the face correct fine lines, sun damage and skin blemishes. Chemical peels are classified according to their strength and they are light, medium and deep chemical peels. In general, chemical peels are characterized by the acid type used in the chemical solution placed on the face of the patient.
- Laser skin resurfacing is when a high-intensity laser light is used to reduce or eliminate wrinkles and scars by tightening loose skin for a refreshed look. The outer layers of skin are vaporized to show the skin that looks younger under the older skin. There are three types of lasers that can be used for laser skin resurfacing. Erbium laser is an ablative laser that treats minimal fine lines and wrinkles and also removes thin layers of skin. Fraxel laser is non-invasive and is used to resurface the skin and reduce the look of wrinkles and scars while lessening the appearance of brown spots. CO2 laser is an ablative laser with the highest intensity laser beam normally used for laser skin resurfacing. A CO2 laser reduces and/or eliminates the appearance of scars and wrinkles on the face and neck.
- Fillers restore volume to areas of the face that have lost volume during the aging process. They are made of a variety of substances that lessen the look of wrinkles and fine lines to provide patients with an appearance that is more youthful in appearance.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treats sun damage on the face as well as changes caused by the aging process. IPL treats issues such as wrinkles, uneven pigmentation and brown spots. IPL emits pulses of light that flash like a camera. The spectrum of light is targeted on the area of the skin to be treated so it can penetrate the designated area and easily be absorbed by the skin.
- Botox lessens the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines to give the treated area of the skin a look that is smoother. Botox is injected into a muscle located near the wrinkles that are targeted to be treated. Neuromuscular blockers limit the amount of muscle contractions that occur in the treated area. After the muscles relax, the treated area has a smoother look thanks to a reduction in the number of unwanted wrinkles.
- Thermage tightens the skin and improves the contour and overall appearance of the neck and face. A radiofrequency device is moved over the treated areas of the face so the tip of the device can come into contact with the surface of the skin. Thermage uses radio waves that heat deep layers of the skin in order to stimulate the production of collagen. The end result is skin that is tighter and more youthful in its appearance.
New York Cosmetic Skin Rejuvenation Doctors Consultation Appointment
Before patients make the final decision to undergo a cosmetic skin rejuvenation procedure, they should schedule a consultation with a board-certified New York cosmetic skin rejuvenation doctor, or a board-certified doctor experienced in performing cosmetic skin rejuvenation elsewhere in the country, to learn more about obtaining results that are long lasting and natural in appearance. The doctor will examine the skin of the patient to make sure the patient is an ideal candidate for cosmetic skin rejuvenation. This information allows a doctor to determine the best cosmetic skin rejuvenation treatment that will provide the desired appearance.