A bright smile helps a person get the attention of others and radiate confidence and happiness. Finding an experienced cosmetic dentist to improve the look of the teeth in order to gain a better smile is not an easy task. Are you are one of the many patients across the country that is not happy with the appearance of your teeth? Cosmetic Town is here to help you find the cosmetic dentist of your choice that will improve the appearance of your teeth and mouth. Here is our 2018 list of the “Best Cosmetic Dentists in San Francisco” as determined by the Cosmetic Town intelligent system:
Looking for additional information about the research methods used by Cosmetic Town to create the 2018 list of the best cosmetic dentists currently practicing in San Francisco?
For more information, take a look at the criteria used by our research staff to identify the top doctors listed in this article:
Cosmetic Town makes it Easy to Find the Best Doctors in San Francisco
Different Types of Cosmetic Dentistry
The use of cosmetic dentistry to improve the look of the teeth and the overall appearance of the mouth can involve multiple techniques to achieve the desired results. Cosmetic dentistry can address multiple issues with functionality and the look of the teeth including teeth that are discolored, cracked, unevenly spaced or chipped. There are many popular treatment options that cosmetic dentists perform on a regular basis and they include:
- Dental bonding – A treatment where composite filling material is placed on a tooth that is damaged so the dentist is able to create a tooth that is restored and natural-looking in its appearance. The cosmetic dentist uses a special blue light to harden the putty-like material that is placed on the tooth so they will be bonded together.
- Dental implants – These are artificial roots that are placed in the jaw through surgical methods. They are placed with a prosthetic tooth on top of it in order to replace any missing teeth. The implant, which is basically a small titanium screw, is placed into the jawbone so it can act as the root of the missing tooth. The top portion of the implant is the area where the artificial tooth crown is attached since it protrudes from the bone.
- Dental crowns – A dental crown is created after the dentist takes a mold of a tooth that is badly damaged. The crown is then placed on the tooth to finish the repair process. Dental crowns are most often used to cover all of, or a good portion of, teeth that are weakened by fractures, cavities or large fillings. A crown can cover the damaged tooth all the way down to the gumline.
- Porcelain veneers – A veneer is a ceramic shell that is placed on the front portion of the teeth to serve as a cover for any chips or cracks in the teeth. They also alter the color of the teeth as well as improve the smile of the patient.
- Dental bridges – A dental bridge is used to fill-in a space in the mouth where one or more teeth are missing. In order to be placed properly, a dental bridge needs a crown or bridge abutment placed on the teeth that are located next to the missing teeth. This artificial tooth is known as a pontic and it bridges the gap while also restoring the appearance of the teeth.
- Teeth whitening – This is a treatment that is performed in order to remove any stains on the teeth and to also lighten the appearance of the teeth so they look brighter to anyone that is looking at the teeth.
- Gum contouring – This treatment serves to reshape the gumline of the patient so the smile of the person is enhanced. This is a good treatment option for patients that feel like their gums sit too low, or even too high, on the teeth. The treatment provides an overall improvement in the shape of the gumline of the person.
- Inlays and onlays – These are restorations that are used by the dentist to repair teeth that are damaged. An inlay sits in the actual tooth of the patient while an onlay works to cover the edges of the damaged tooth and it also comes halfway down to the gumline.
Each of the treatment options listed above can provide results that give the mouth an appearance that is much more youthful and rejuvenated. In order to determine the best treatment option for damaged teeth, you should schedule a consultation appointment with a board-certified cosmetic dentist. The dentist will examine the mouth and discuss the desired results with you.
Cosmetic Dentistry in San Francisco
The art of cosmetic dentistry is performed on a daily basis in San Francisco. Patients travel from all over the United States to experience the natural and long-lasting results that come from the experienced and board-certified dentists that perform cosmetic dentistry in the city of San Francisco.