The desire to improve the appearance of the teeth, and to make a smile brighter, is shared by many people. Unfortunately, finding an experienced cosmetic dentist is your hometown is not always an easy task. If you are not happy with the current appearance of your mouth and teeth, Cosmetic Town can help you find the best cosmetic dentist to give you the look you desire when it comes to your mouth. The following is our 2018 list of the “Best Cosmetic Dentists in Los Angeles” as determined by the Cosmetic Town intelligent system:
- Anthony Mobasser, DMD
- Taylor Rice, DDS
- Michael Ayzin, DDS
- David Hornbrook, DDS
- Kathleen Carson, DDS
- Steven Donia, DDS
- Vahik Meserkhani, DDS
- Sarah Jebreil, DDS
- Frank Stone, DDS
- Joseph D'Angelo, DDS
Are you interested in learning more about the methods used by Cosmetic Town to compile the list and determining which doctors are the best cosmetic dentists in Los Angeles?
If so, here are the criteria used to choose the top doctors listed in this article: Cosmetic Town makes it Easy to Find the Best Doctors in Los Angeles.
When it comes to correcting the appearance of the teeth, as well as the overall appearance of the mouth, there are a variety of techniques that can be used to achieve this goal. Cosmetic dentists use these treatments to correct the appearance and functionality of teeth that are cracked, unevenly spaced, chipped or discolored. Some of the most popular treatment options that are currently performed by cosmetic dentists include:
- Dental bonding applies a composite filling material to the damaged tooth to create a natural-looking, restored tooth. A special blue light hardens the putty-like material to the tooth and bonds it together.
- Dental implants are artificial roots placed in the jaw with a prosthetic tooth on top of it to replace missing teeth. It is basically a small screw that is made of titanium. The implant is surgically inserted into the jawbone to act like the root of a missing tooth. The top part of the implant, which protrudes from the bone, is where an artificial tooth crown will be attached.
- Porcelain veneers are ceramic shells put on the front of the teeth to cover chips or cracks. They can change the shape and color of the teeth and improve the smile.
- Teeth whitening procedures remove stains and lighten the teeth to make them look brighter when viewed by others.
- Dental crowns are made from a mold of a badly damaged tooth and placed on the tooth to repair it. This tooth restoration is generally used to cover a tooth that has been weakened by cavities, fractures or large fillings. Unlike a traditional filling performed by a dentist, a dental crown will cover most, or all, of a damaged tooth.
- Gum contouring reshapes the gum line to enhance the smile. If you feel that your gums are sitting too high, or too low, on your teeth, this technique will reshape and even the gum line to improve a smile.
- Dental bridges fill the space where teeth are missing. Bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth. Dental bridges also require a bridge abutment or crown to be placed on the teeth that are adjacent to the teeth that are missing. The artificial tooth is known as a pontic and together the device will serve to bridge the gap while also restoring the teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays are restorations used to repair damaged teeth. An inlay sits in the actual tooth. On the other hand, an onlay covers all of the edges of the tooth and also comes halfway down to the gum line. In addition, there is a crown that covers the whole tooth down to the gum line.
These procedures create a mouth that is rejuvenated and youthful in appearance. The decision about which treatment to use, and which one will give a patient the desired long lasting results, will be determined after visiting a board-certified cosmetic dentist who is experienced in performing these techniques on a regular basis.
Cosmetic dentistry is regularly performed all over the United States. Patients from all over the country make the decision to travel to Los Angeles, as well as the surrounding cities of Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, because of the large number of cosmetic dentists practicing in the city as well as its reputation as one of the leaders in cosmetic dentistry in the United States.