It is not always an easy task to find a doctor that can make the desired changes in your breasts. Breast surgery takes a keen eye and years of experience to provide the size, appearance and shape you want to see with your breasts. There are hundreds of doctors that you can choose from so it is helpful to have somewhere to turn to find the best doctors performing breast surgery in San Diego.
Help is on the Way
Cosmetic Town can help you find the best doctor to give you the results you desire when it comes to breast surgery. The following is our 2018 list of the “Best Breast Surgery Doctors in San Diego” as determined by the Cosmetic Town intelligent system:
- Joseph Grzekiewicz, MD
- Robert Kearney, MD
- Steve Laverson, MD
- James Pietraszek, MD
- Raluan Soltero, MD
Do you want more information about the methods our research staff used to find the best doctors included on the list this year?
Here are the criteria used by our research team to choose the top doctors included in this article: Cosmetic Town makes it Easy to Find the Best Doctors in San Diego.
Breast Surgery Options
Breast surgery in San Diego, as well as across the country, can include any one of a number of treatment options including:
- Breast augmentation surgery can be performed via fat transfer or breast implants. This procedure is also known as augmentation mammoplasty or simply as a “boob job”. This surgery is performed to increase the size and shape, as well as the fullness, of the breasts.
- Breast implant choices include silicone, saline and gummy bear implants. The way the surgery is performed depends on the results desired by the patient. The surgeon can create an incision in the armpit, under the breast, in the areola (the pigmented area around the nipple) or through the belly button in order to properly place the implant above or below the muscle. Fat grafting, AKA autologous fat transfer, is the process of fat being removed via liposuction from the thighs, the abdomen or other parts of the body. Once the fat is removed, it is processed and re-injected into the breasts. This method works well for patients who have extra fat and skin on the chest wall as well as the back.
- A breast reduction reduces the size of the breasts while also lifting the nipple-areola complex. This is accomplished by removing excess skin, fat and glandular tissue. The procedure is also known as reduction mammoplasty and is often performed on women who are overweight, have had children or have a genetic predisposition for large breasts.
- A breast lift, AKA mastopexy, involves the removal of excess skin while also tightening the surrounding tissue. The end result is the restoration of the youthful look of the breast. Mastopexy sometimes adds volume through fat grafting or an implant. The desired results determine the type of lift performed as well as the amount of skin removed by the surgeon.
- A mastectomy is when one or both breasts are removed and it is normally due to the patient suffering from breast cancer. The breast reconstruction process involves the rebuilding of the breast immediately after the mastectomy is performed. The breasts can be reconstructed via breast implants or flap reconstruction.
- Lumpectomy is when the surgeon removes a portion of the breasts. The surgery is often performed due to the discovery of a malignant tumor or breast cancer. The breasts can be reconstructed using breast implants or fat grafting from another part of the body.
The breast surgery choice for the patient depends on the aesthetic desires or the medical needs of the person. In order to determine the best surgery option to gain the desired results, patients should consult with a board-certified doctor in San Diego.
Why do Patients have Breast Surgery?
Patients undergo breast surgery for multiple reasons. They might think their breasts are too large, too small or that they sag too much and look droopy as a result of the sagging. Whatever the reason is for the desired changes, there are numerous skilled doctors in San Diego that can provide the results patients hope to achieve. San Diego is one of the top destinations in the country for breast surgery thanks to the number of skilled surgeons currently practicing in the area.