As people continue to age, they often try a new hairstyle, different clothes or new makeup to try and maintain a youthful appearance. Even with all of these methods of trying to look young, the skin of a person is often the deciding factor in whether or not a person is able to maintain a younger appearance. For patients that need some help looking younger and refreshing the look of their skin, there are multiple skin rejuvenation treatments available to them. Cosmetic Town is showcasing the most popular methods of achieving refreshed and rejuvenated skin with exclusive articles and cosmetic doctor interviews in the month of September during “Skin Rejuvenation Month:.
Popular Cosmetic Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
When it comes to cosmetic skin rejuvenation, here are some of the most popular treatments:
- Microdermabrasion is a treatment that uses tiny, fine microcrystals placed in a machine to slough off cells that are located on the top layer of the skin in order to encourage the growth of new skin. Microdermabrasion places a skin adapter on the face to shoot the microcrystals on the area of the skin that is being treated. The machine cleans the microcrystals and also abrades the skin to eliminate the skin that is old and/or dead. This treatment reveals new skin, located under the skin surface, so the patient will look more youthful. In addition, microdermabrasion stimulates the production of elastin and collagen in the new skin cells.
- Laser skin resurfacing uses high-intensity laser light to reduce or eliminate the appearance of wrinkles and scars by refreshing and tightening loose skin. The outer layers of skin are vaporized to reveal skin that is younger looking under the older skin. In general, three types of lasers are used in laser skin resurfacing. An erbium laser is an ablative laser that treats minimal fine lines and wrinkles as well as removes thin layers of skin. A fraxel laser is non-invasive and resurfaces the skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles and scars while also fading brown spots. A CO2 laser is an ablative laser that has the highest intensity laser beam that is typically used in laser skin resurfacing. The CO2 laser reduces, and even eliminates, the look of most wrinkles and scars on the face and neck.
- Chemical peels are placed on the face to correct facial irregularities such as fine lines, skin blemishes and sun damage. Chemical peels are classified according to their strength and they are classified as light, medium and deep. They are characterized by the acid type that is used in the chemical solution that is placed on the patient,
- Fillers restore volume to areas on the face that have lost their fullness and volume thanks to the aging process. In general, fillers are made of a variety of substances that work to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines so the patient can enjoy a look that is more youthful in appearance.
- Botox is performed to reduce the look of wrinkles and fine lines in order to give the skin a look that is smoother. Botox is injected into a muscle that is located near the wrinkles that will be treated. Neuromuscular blockers limit the amount of muscle contractions that will occur in the treated area. Once the muscles relax, the treated area has a smooth look which provides a reduction in the amount of unwanted wrinkles.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treats sun damage on the facial skin along with changes caused by the aging process on the face. IPL addresses issues such as uneven pigmentation, wrinkles and brown spots. IPL uses a spectrum of light that emits pulses of light that flash like a camera. The light is targeted onto the treated area of skin so it penetrates the targeted area and is absorbed by the skin.
- Thermage works to tighten the skin and improve the look and contour of the neck and face. A radiofrequency device is moved over the face so the tip of the device is placed in contact with the surface of the skin. The Thermage device sends out radio waves that work to heat the deep layers of the skin and stimulate the production of collagen. In turn, this makes the skin tighter as well as more youthful in its look.
Cosmetic Skin Rejuvenation Month with Cosmetic Town
The topic of skin rejuvenation is a popular one as patients try different methods to remain youthful looking and keep their skin looking healthy. Skin rejuvenation covers a wide range of treatments and techniques and it is sometimes difficult to know which treatment option will provide the desired final results. Cosmetic Town is shining the spotlight on cosmetic skin rejuvenation by asking the questions patients want answered to some of the top cosmetic surgeons across the country. In addition, the Cosmetic Town research staff has identified the top cosmetic skin rejuvenation doctors in some of the largest cities across the country with exclusive “best of” lists to make it easier to find doctors that provide the desired skin rejuvenation results. Get ready for informative news articles and videos that take the mystery out of the cosmetic skin rejuvenation process and provide the desired information about how to get, and keep, a youthful appearance.