When it comes to undergoing a cosmetic procedure, patients like to enjoy superior results while also making the most efficient use of their time. Many patients make their final decision about a cosmetic treatment based on the results they will gain and also the amount of time they will need to invest in undergoing a treatment. The idea of a cosmetic procedure that only involves one visit to undergo the treatment is very appealing to people thanks to their busy daily schedules. Thankfully, there are a number of cosmetic procedures that only require one visit to an experienced cosmetic surgeon. Let’s take a look at cosmetic treatments that give long-lasting results while not requiring a long-lasting time commitment from patients.
Cosmetic Procedures Performed in One Treatment
- Neuromodulators – This cosmetic treatment option reduces wrinkles, crow’s feet and frown lines on the face of a patient. Some of the most popular forms of neuromodulators include Botox and Dysport. An amount of neuromodulator, determined by the cosmetic surgeon, is injected directly into the targeted underlying muscle so it will relax and smooth out the look of the skin. Neuromodulators can also be used to treat excessive sweating and sagging skin as well as provide an overall youthful look to the face.
- HydraFacial – HydraFacial has grown in popularity because it is more than one cosmetic procedure for patients. It is actually multiple treatments performed at the same time to clean out the pores as well as hydrate the skin during a treatment that includes cleansing, exfoliating, extracting and hydrating the skin. A HydraFacial begins with the removal of any dead skin and excess sebum in the area targeted for treatment. The next step is the application of salicylic and glycolic acids to the skin in order to break apart any dirt or oil that is causing the pores to be clogged. Then, a pen-like device called a HydraPeel Tip is used to clean out any dirt, oil or blackheads in the area before serums that are used to hydrate, plump and nourish the skin are applied to the treated area. The results are a brighter and clearer complexion with increased volume as well as a reduction in wrinkles and brown spots and also a more even tone to the skin.
- Laser Resurfacing Treatments – Laser resurfacing reduces the appearance of wrinkles on the face and it also targets skin irregularities such as acne scars and blemishes. Short beams of light, that are pulsating, are aimed at the targeted area of the skin in order to rejuvenate it. In general laser resurfacing treatments use either a carbon dioxide (CO2) laser or an erbium laser. The main difference is that the CO2 laser removes a thin layer of skin on the targeted area of the patient while the erbium laser removes skin on the surface level as well as wrinkles and line that are moderate in nature.
- Tissue-Tightening Treatments – Patients that want to achieve a look that is tighter and lifted in appearance can turn to treatments that tighten the tissues and provide a more rejuvenated look. Two of the most popular tissue-tightening treatments include Thermage and Ulthera and it is important to understand the difference in how they work on a patient. Thermage uses a radiofrequency device that is passed over the skin to deliver radiofrequency energy to promote the production of collagen and tighten the skin. Ulthera uses an applicator that sends focused ultrasound energy beneath the targeted area of the skin to promote collagen production and this provides a patient with firmer skin and reduced wrinkles.
- Fillers – Patients that have lost volume in the face over the years might be ideal candidates for facial fillers that provide a more youthful look to the facial area. Injectable fillers are injected into the skin of a patient to help reduce or erase facial wrinkles as well as provide a smoother look to the face. The cosmetic doctor will examine the face and mark the areas where the injection sites will be located. The areas where the injections will be made are cleaned with an antibacterial agent and fillers are then injected into the designated areas. The result is a smoother and more youthful look to the face as well as increased volume in areas where the patient lost volume due to the aging process.
Cosmetic Procedures Consultation Appointment
In order to determine the best option to provide the desired results using one treatment, patients should schedule a consultation appointment with a board-certified doctor that is experienced in performing cosmetic procedures. The doctor will examine the skin of the patient to determine the results that are possible as well as the ideal cosmetic treatment option to achieve the desired results. The cosmetic doctor might also recommend a combination of treatments to achieve even greater results when providing a more rejuvenated look. For example, fillers that rejuvenate the appearance of the face by providing greater volume and contour can be combined with laser resurfacing treatments that eliminate skin imperfections such as brown spots.