The public expects celebrities to always have a fresh-faced appearance and to look rejuvenated at all times. However, this is not always the case as many stars begin to show signs of the aging process at various stages of their life. For example, Tom Cruise is the latest celebrity to be suspected of having cosmetic surgery. His recent appearance at a MLB playoff game left the public curious about why his face was now round and featuring chubby cheeks. The speculation about his look ranged from the fact that he is almost 60 years old to the possibility of dermal fillers plumping up his features. The disappearance of his shiny white teeth and sculpted cheekbones is just the latest example of celebrity transformations that might be related to plastic surgery.
The Changing Look of Celebrities – Plastic Surgery Speculation
- Just a few days before the photos of Tom Cruise became public. Madonna surprised her fans by sharing photos that were free of the filters that she normally uses to look youthful on Instagram. The pop superstar looked a bit closer to her 63 years of age in the candid photographs that were free of any kind of photo filters. Her followers noticed the beginning of a double chin while one person posted side-by-side photos of the singer and said, “Real life vs. Instagram.”
- Tori Spelling is known for her big eyes, blonde hair, and radiant smile. She is also known for having breast augmentation and rhinoplasty procedures in the past. These days, she has been spotted in public with long hair extensions and a style that makes her look more like a Kardashian than a Spelling. While her fans are wondering if she has undergone plastic surgery to alter her look, Spelling says her appearance is all “contouring” provided by her “amazing” makeup artist.
- Megan Fox burst onto the scene with a “girl next door” look thanks to her winning smile and round cheeks. In 2021, she has a fresh look that includes plump lips, no wrinkles on the forehead, narrower eyes, and a sculpted look to the cheekbones. Having said all that, Fox denies having any work done and insists that her look is natural. The actor claims she has never had Botox or cheek augmentations or any other surgical enhancements to her face. Fox has made it clear that she suffers from “deep insecurities” and that speculation about her look is hurtful. In an interview with British GQ, she revealed “Yeah, I have body dysmorphia. I have a lot of deep insecurities. We may look at somebody and think, ‘That person’s so beautiful. Their life must be so easy.’ They most likely don’t feel that way about themselves.”
- Victoria Beckham used to have a very natural look when she was with the Spice Girls in the nineties. However, she quickly reinvented her look and became an international fashion icon. Her fans are not always happy with her appearance as some of them have pleaded with her to stop having what appears to be lip fillers on a regular basis.
- Renee Zellweger used to be a fresh-faced blonde movie star before disappearing from acting for a few years. When she returned, her look was almost unrecognizable thanks to tighter skin, narrower eyes, and a more oval face. She replied to the reaction to her appearance by saying she was “living a happy, more fulfilling life.” She also addressed those who claimed she had plastic surgery. “It seems the folks who come digging around for some nefarious truth that doesn’t exist won’t get off my porch until I answer the door.”
- Zac Efron rose to fame in “High School Musical” and was an instant star thanks to his boyish good lucks. Earlier this year, the actor morphed into a different version of himself due to higher cheekbones and a square jawline. Efron was defended by a friend who said the actor had a face that was already close to perfect, and any changes would be “like getting a Picasso and having a kid finger paint all over it.”
- Heather Locklear was one of the most famous female stars of the 80s and 90s due to her TV work and famous posters. In the 21st century, it looks like her partying past has caught up with her with an overdose call to authorities, a stint in rehab and an arrest following a domestic dispute. Her life does seem to be back on track in 2021 with a role in a new Lifetime movie, a long-term relationship and a rejuvenated look that can be described as “fresh-faced”.
The one factor that many of the stars above have in common is that they sometimes do not discuss any type of plastic surgery on their part and will likely not start discussing it in the future. Until the time comes that these stars share their surgery secrets with the public, any changes in their appearance will remain speculation on their part.