The eyes of a person can express joy or sorrow or other emotions that a person is feeling at any point in time. The eyelids of a person also show the way you feel when they are viewed by someone else. The eyelids can show if you are tired or if you are feeling energetic on a certain day. Patients that are not happy with the appearance of their eyelids often turn to eyelid cosmetic surgery to make a change in the look of their eyelids. If you are not happy with the appearance of your eyelids, Cosmetic Town can help you find the best doctors that are currently performing eyelid cosmetic surgery in Miami.
The following is our list of the “Best Miami Doctor for Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery” as determined by the Cosmetic Town intelligent system:
Want to know more information about the methods used by our research team to choose the best eyelid cosmetic surgery doctors in Miami? It’s easy! Click on the link below to learn more about the criteria used by our research staff to determine the top doctors listed in this article:
Cosmetic Town makes it Easy to find the Best Cosmetic Doctors in Miami
How are Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery Performed?
Eyelid cosmetic surgery is also called an eye lift by doctors as well as patients. In order to achieve the results desired by patients, there are multiple techniques that can be used by a surgeon to make changes in the appearance of the eyelids.
Eyelid cosmetic surgery options include:
- Blepharoplasty – This surgical technique is performed on the eyelids so the doctor can remove excess fat and skin from the targeted area. The surgeon can perform the procedure as upper or lower blepharoplasty. Upper blepharoplasty targets the extra skin and fat that is located on the nose side and also the central area of the upper eyelid. Lower blepharoplasty is a technique that improves the appearance of the skin and the muscle that is located beneath the eye. Both surgical options result in a refreshed and rejuvenated look in the appearance of eyes that are puffy, sagging or tired looking by tightening the skin that is located around the eyes.
- Eyelid Fat Grafting – This procedure is performed to address a hollow look to the eyelids that happens due to the aging process or an earlier blepharoplasty surgery that resulted in the removal of a large part of the protective fat layer around the eyes. The doctor can restore some of its appearance, if too much fat is removed, by taking fat from another area of the body and then injecting it into the eyelid area. The injection of fat results in a refreshed look due to the additional fat volume that is added to the area.
- Double Eyelid Surgery – A procedure that is usually performed on Asian patients to give them eyes that look more alert as well as larger. The surgery can be performed on male and female patients so the surgeon will need to take the difference in the width and shape of the eyes into account when it comes to planning the final results.
- Eyelid Reconstruction and Revision – Patients that have defects around the eyes, as well as the mid-face or upper face, that are caused by the excision of a tumor or a loss of tissue can have these issues addressed by eyelid reconstruction. In general, the best patients for eyelid revision are those that had a previous surgical procedure but are still suffering from a lower eyelid that pulls up or down.
- Canthoplasty – This is an eyelid cosmetic surgery procedure that is performed on the lateral canthus which is also known as the outer corner of the eyes and the area where the lower and upper eyelids join together. The surgeon cuts and sews the lateral canthus to correct any issues that are caused by an eyelid that is drooping thanks to an aging muscle, eyeballs that are bulging or the muscle that closes the eye being weak due to a previous surgery.
Miami Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery is Popular
Miami is a very popular destination for eyelid cosmetic surgery thanks to the large number of board-certified doctors in the area that provide results that are long-lasting and natural in appearance. Patients should schedule a consultation appointment with a board-certified doctor in order to determine the results that can be accomplished and the best technique to achieve the desired results.